the lessons i learn from carnival

jaxkai

lol, always something new.

today i checked the prices for our cruise like always , i know i booked early saver but i did the form thingie for our date and number going and the room category, and woohoo the price was lower, about 40 bucks a person.

so i called and she said without price protection im not eligible for price reductions and since they offered me an upgrade for 20 and i took it we will never get one.

so i guess i can stop watching the prices religiously. but if you other people have price protection keep your eyes out cuz it was a healthy drop.

I thought early saver WAS price protected.

ES is price protected.

Maybe its that the OP took a upgrade for $20 and didnt know that you have to price match to the new category,l the one they are currently booked in. Im guessing they tried to price match to the old category before they took the upsell.

RCL currently if you book, there is no price protection once you are past final payment, so I guess its a mixed blessing to offer ES. ES has come back to bite me, because my other pax cancelled, and besides nonrefundable deposits, there are no name changes, so Im paying 200%, but cant add someone. ES isnt all its cracked up to be. Luckily OP you didnt lose much money.

yes i didnt know if they called and offered me an upgrade that it made it impossible to get, its not their fault its mine for not knowing any better but i wanted other people to be aware cuz it would have been nice credit... its definitely not an cruise ruiner issure thats for sure

yes i didnt know if they called and offered me an upgrade that it made it impossible to get, its not their fault its mine for not knowing any better but i wanted other people to be aware cuz it would have been nice credit... its definitely not an cruise ruiner issure thats for sure

Its not impossible to price match to the new category, as you are still ES. The only way it would be "impossible" is if you got a really good deal on the upsell. (in which case, Id be celebrating getting such a good deal that I was so sure that the price would never drop below what I paid). I wouldnt be upset that I got such a great deal.

Keep watching, categories over yours, and last minute guarantees, ya never know, they might briefly drop prices and you can get a price drop up until the last minute.

ES is price protected.

Maybe its that the OP took a upgrade for $20 and didnt know that you have to price match to the new category,l the one they are currently booked in. Im guessing they tried to price match to the old category before they took the upsell.

RCL currently if you book, there is no price protection once you are past final payment, so I guess its a mixed blessing to offer ES. ES has come back to bite me, because my other pax cancelled, and besides nonrefundable deposits, there are no name changes, so Im paying 200%, but cant add someone. ES isnt all its cracked up to be. Luckily OP you didnt lose much money.

That is the worst thing about ES is no name changes.

i will try and keep watching but since i went from the riviera to the verandah deck for 20 it prolly wont happen and im not sure how to figure that part out , still inside cabin though.

everytime i think ive learned something lol i learn something else

just if i had known i wouldnt have paid 20 for the same type of room and got the credit but who knows and as i said its going to be kewl to be on top of the boat and we will have fun

thanks guys for letting me vent :) i cant wait to go and its going to be so fun

Archived