Balcony or inside On Med Cruise

cleobella

Hi,

We are cruising the med in sept and I have booked an inside cabin to save some money. We have experienced both balcony and inside cabin on other cruises. My husband is wanting to switch to a balcony but I feel like we will be very active and out of the room and off the boat all trip, so this is not necessary. Any thoughts?

Since this is a Med cruise in Sept, the determining factor should be how many days cruise? If only 7 days and only 1 full sea day I might suggest inside cabin. But, if 10 to 14 day cruise and 2+ sea days I would suggest a balcony cabin.

I agree that it depends on the number of sea days. If it's a 7 day, save your money and use it for excursions. Shore excursions in the Med can get pricey, especially with the exchange rates. However, I would watch the prices to see if the price of balconies or even oceanviews drop. Sometimes you can upgrade at reasonable rates following price drops.

I would love to have a balcony but always book an inside when doing the Med because of the significant cost savings. You are absolutely correct -- you are going to be in the ports from early in the morning to late in the afternoon. Think of it as only a place to sleep and shower.

Archived