No Future Cruise Certificate if using cash

jerseygirl79

I was so proud of myself for leaving the credit cards at home and only spending cash on Destiny this month, until I tried to buy a FCC.

I had the money on my S&S card, submitted my application, but the next day it hadn't been delivered or deducted from my card. I stopped by the cruise/credit card desk and was informed that since the certificate is refundable they have to have a credit card on file to be able to refund if necessary. :( Oh no! I had my debit card, but didn't want to attach that to my S&S account as I wasn't aware of how much of a hold they would put on my account and for how long.

Oh well....I know for next time. Darn!!!

There have been several theads about this, sorry you missed them and didnt know :(

yes, the charge to your credit card is separate. My thinking is they want to make sure you are not using OBC to pay for the FCC. They want you to spend the OBC onboard, not toward getting free OBC.

It is only charged to the card you used to set up your S&S account as a separte charge. I think some FCC desks now even have a sign advising of this.

Iv heard the official reason is that these are fully refundable to your card that you purchase them on. Carnival isnt going to write a check and snail mail it to those who pay cash. They dont want to be responsible for those who say they didnt get the check, re-issuing etc. I guess their official reason makes sense, though Id often like to use my OBC for them.

Archived