Priority disembarkation on NCL

zeyedeco7

On the last day of the cruise we want to be able to take a train home. The boat docks in LA at 8am and the train leaves LAX Union Station at 12:15pm. I've read that it takes an hour or so to take a cab from the pier to union station.

We are booking a suite with priority disembarkation, but is this enough time or is it pushing it? If you've had a suite on NCL's star, how long did it take you to get off the boat?

What is self disembarkation?

You pull all your own luggage off the ship without any assistance. If you are able bodied, pack relatively lightly and are booked in a suite, it will get you off the ship more quickly. If you choose that option, the concierge will probably tell you (and other self disembarkation suite guests)meet him in a specific lounge. When the ship is cleared he will walk your group to a gangway.

Otherwise, you can get a priority luggage tag. after all the self debarkation gusts(suites and regular cabins), your group of luggage tags will leave.

In my limited experience, customs and immigration sometimes handles things differently on the west coast compared to the east. On my cruises they asked all non US (or non US, non Canadian, their option) to meet them in a lounge early on disembarkation morning. If all those guests show up promptly, all seems goes well (assuming all immigration official also show up on time). However, if even one or two foreign nationals don't go, everybody else waits. That can get annoying and people do miss flights or trains due to the delays.

If possible, do the self debarkation as a suite guest. that will maximize your odds of making your train.

On the last day of the cruise we want to be able to take a train home. The boat docks in LA at 8am and the train leaves LAX Union Station at 12:15pm. I've read that it takes an hour or so to take a cab from the pier to union station.

We are booking a suite with priority disembarkation, but is this enough time or is it pushing it? If you've had a suite on NCL's star, how long did it take you to get off the boat?

Star was cleared by 8:00 am and we were off by 8:30, but you can not count on that, especially in LA, depending on how many ships are in port for Customs to clear.

Archived