What to bring to wear Feb 7 thru 11

baseballmom33

Has anyone gone on a cruise in Feb. We are traveling on the Majesty of the Seas Feb 7 thru 11. The ports of call are Nassau, Coco Cay and Key West. We are wondering what to bring. Will shorts be ok but pants and jackets at night? What about tank tops? Also what kind of shoes will we need? Water shoes, Sandals, tennis shoes and dress shoes? I hate to over pack. Thanks in advance for you help,Dawn

Depends on the weather! About 1 week before you sail, check the forecasts for those places....as long as a far-reaching cold front isn't on the East Coast, expect fabulous daytime temps....bring a lightweight sweater or jacket for nights, if you plan on going on an open deck...it's windy! The inside of the ship will be comfortable.

I've never needed water shoes....or athletic shoes on a cruise! I bring flip-flops for beach/pool/daytime...and whatever dress shoes for evenings. Maybe a nicer pair of sandals for daytime.

I spend most of my days in a bathing suit....with a coverup or shorts!

We have sailed during Feb. and you just never know how our weather is going to be so just check the weather before you start packing. I can tell you that the water temps might be a little cool at the beaches, so just be prepared for that.

Have fun & hopefully the sun will shine for you !

Thanks for the tips. My husband said the same thing about being in his swimsuit all day. I didn't think it would be appropriate but it sounds like that is what everyone is wearing so I will go buy a cover-up for myself and my dd. Thank you for mentioning that or I wouldn't have been prepared. I appreciate everyone taking the time to give me advice, Dawn

I would bring at least one set of warm clothes. I think I read where this cold front went all the way to the Bahamas. A friend of mine sailed out to this area the first week of Dec. she said it was cold. We sail in Feb. but we go southern. We sailed in Nov. to Half Moon Cay, and the water was sooo cold it took your breath away.....and I only went up to the top of my legs!!!:eek:

I sailed out of FLL this past February on the Ruby Princess on a southern itinerary. This past winter Florida had a rough and cold winter. The Florida panhandle even had snow one night as I was going over to FLL. No one was in the pool or on the Lido deck the first and last days which were sea days of course. It was windy, heavily overcast and cold. I had a balcony stateroom and kept the balcony door closed both days which is unusual for me.

Watch the weather for a couple of weeks before going to see what kind of winter Florida is having. As for shoes, I take athletic shoes for shore trips that do not include the beach. On board I wear sandals during the day and leather shoes at dinner. I agree on keeping the packing to a minimum. I wear shorts or swimsuit and tshirt most of the time. I do take pants, long sleeved shirt and blazer for dinner in the MDR. I hope this helps.

I will be boarding the Island Princess the end of next month for visit to the canal. Let us hope for warmer weather this time!

The areas you are going will be very similar in weather to what Miami is having; maybe a little warmer. It's good advice to check the weather forecast to see what is possibly predicted.

The Bahamas and Key West can be cooler in Feb., or nice and warm, but the water will definitely be on the cool side.

On the ship, during the day, unless it is extremely cool, most people wear swimsuits on deck and either a cover-up or shorts and tee for trips to the buffet, etc. On non-sun decks people wear shorts, capris, sundresses, etc. It's very casual during the day, but most people dress up at night. I'd definitely bring one set of warmer clothes, like a hoodie and matching pants, and a sweater.

I always bring water shoes, but I have tender feet and do a lot of water activities--but at these ports, in Feb., it's doubtful I'd get in the water much. I also bring tennies because we like to walk, casual sandals for around the ship and dress shoes for night.

Have fun!

Thanks for the ideas. I too have tender feet so I think I will wear water shoes. I may wait to see what the weather looks like before I plan any excurision that involve water. We like to walk too so I think we all are going to bring our tennis shoes. I noticed there is a track on the ship and while I have no plans to exercise but we might want to walk the track at night. Thanks again, dawn

I would pack summer clothes, but bring clothes you can layer over - sweatpants and sweatshirts you can pull on over shorts and tshirts for the day in case it gets chilly. Often the sun is warm, but the air may be cooler so if you're not in direct sunlight or on the moving ship, the air can feel cool. In the evening areas of the ship can be cool so sweaters to wear with your evening clothes are good any time of the year.

Archived