Great experience on QM2

bfoot34

When I cruise again, it will be on the QM2. The ship has to be the best on the seven seas. It is huge but beautiful. If you have problems walking then I would suggest you stay off the QM2. It is longer than a U.S. Air Craft Carrier and taller than the Statue of Liberty. It has 13 decks.

The Royal Theatre is very big. The stage is bigger than most thearters in NYC. The production crew is first class. Their productions were totally out of sight. Fantastic. They have two orchestras. One for the theatre and one for the Queen's Ball Room for ball room dancing. They have a jazz band for Q32 for the younger folks, and, there were plenty of younger people on the cruise but the majority were retired people.

The art work throughout the ship is like going through an art museum. All museum quality. The pictures that depict the history of the Queen Mary is of great interest.

They have another theatre dedicated for movies and planetarium shows. We were delighted with the shows in that theatre.

The food services was excellent in all areas. We were fortunate to be upgraded to Q5, so, we ate most the time in the Queen's Grill. The service in the Queen's Grill was like going to a 5 star restaurant in NYC or Chicago. Absolutely outstanding!! However, we did go into the other restaurants and buffets and found them all of very high quality.

The service provided by the staff of the ship was of the highest quality in all areas of the ship.

The boarding and deboarding went very smooth for us.

The only complaints I heard were from people who had problems getting around because of the long distance between the bow of the ship and the stern of the ship. Again, if you have problems walking any distance, I would advise you to stay off the QM2, unless, you are willing to accept the difficulties of getting around such a huge ship and not complain about it.

My husband and I were on Jan 15th Caribbean and felt exactly like you did - it was absolutely wonderful. My neighbor when on a NCL the week before to Belize, Cozumel, etc. and got the "bargain price" - I told her how marvelous our QM2 experience was and she said she just couldn't imagine how much better it could be the justify the cost - I told her you can't describe it - I've only been on HAL and Cunard - I might have to try something else just to see for myself - but I think it was worth every dollar! I can't wait to be on board again. Your comments were right on! But I saw people using motorized scooters and such getting around quite well.

My husband and I were on Jan 15th Caribbean and felt exactly like you did - it was absolutely wonderful. My neighbor when on a NCL the week before to Belize, Cozumel, etc. and got the "bargain price" - I told her how marvelous our QM2 experience was and she said she just couldn't imagine how much better it could be the justify the cost - I told her you can't describe it - I've only been on HAL and Cunard - I might have to try something else just to see for myself - but I think it was worth every dollar! I can't wait to be on board again. Your comments were right on! But I saw people using motorized scooters and such getting around quite well.

If your neighbor was on the NCL Dream out of New Orleans, I feel sorry for her. We were on that ship last February. All I can say is they should have called it the Nightmare instead of the Dream.

Try Hollan/America. They are excellent. Just about as good as QMII but not as pricey.

Archived