San Juan taken away

ljslight

I asked Carnival why our port San Juan was removed from our Freedom cruise 3/26/11 and this is what they said:

San Juan, PR was dropped from the itinerary due to operational considerations. This change affects all future sailings on the Carnival Freedom, and numerous other vessels. We do apologize for the disappointment this has created.

I still don't know what the answer is.

Dropped on our sailing too, but I am not too upset. Our time in port was 5PM to midnight; I think I will enjoy the additional sea day instead. We chose our sailing for stops in Atigua and Tortola and thankfully they have not changed!

Is this effective immediately?

We are booked for a Feb. 26 departure on the Freedom.

Does the cruise line let you know??

It only affects certain sailings. The sailings affected are 3/26/11, 4/23/11, 5/21/11, and 6/18/11.

So it looks like at this time your cruise is still calling at San Juan.

I asked Carnival why our port San Juan was removed from our Freedom cruise 3/26/11 and this is what they said:

San Juan, PR was dropped from the itinerary due to operational considerations. This change affects all future sailings on the Carnival Freedom, and numerous other vessels. We do apologize for the disappointment this has created.

I still don't know what the answer is.

It means that some of the piers in San Juan, including the one that Carnival uses, will be under re-construction and apparently Carnival was unable to secure a beth space for the Freedom on those particular dates at the other facilities in San Juan.

The article was posted on local newspapers in Puerto Rico, but apparently, the information wasn't important enough to appear on CNN Headline News! :D

• 2 weeks later...
So now im wondering if we are skipping a port does that mean there is any discount for the port charges that wont be paid now?

They're supposed to. I've gotten it before when we've missed ports. The last time, it was $20 OBC. I think they may be cutting back on that though, trying to save every penny they can. It may be less now or none at all.

Archived