Upsell Question

shenaniganzz

We are booked on the Jewel for the 01/23 sailing. Originally, my DH and I were sailing with our daughter and our two nieces so we selected adjoining cabins. Then my sister decided to go.

Now, it will not ruin my cruise if I cannot upgrade ;) BUT, I did notice that there are some of the penthouse suites on Deck 11 (which connect to a mini suite) that I have my eye on. I also noticed that oceanviews are sold out which is what we are in now. Does anyone ever get an upsell by calling? From what I have seen, it doesn't often happen. I did see that most of those cabins on Deck 11 are sill available. Does that improve my odds?

Anyhoo, like I said - if we stay where we are, it will not bother me one iota.. I will be glad to escape the cold here!

We are booked on the Jewel for the 01/23 sailing. Originally, my DH and I were sailing with our daughter and our two nieces so we selected adjoining cabins. Then my sister decided to go.

Now, it will not ruin my cruise if I cannot upgrade ;) BUT, I did notice that there are some of the penthouse suites on Deck 11 (which connect to a mini suite) that I have my eye on. I also noticed that oceanviews are sold out which is what we are in now. Does anyone ever get an upsell by calling? From what I have seen, it doesn't often happen. I did see that most of those cabins on Deck 11 are sill available. Does that improve my odds?

Anyhoo, like I said - if we stay where we are, it will not bother me one iota.. I will be glad to escape the cold here!

You can call and upgrade yourself by paying the difference between the cabin you booked and the one you want. I did 2 weeks ago for our cruise on Saturday.

i was offered an upsell/upgrade from a balcony to the owner's suite on the sky back in may of this year. the call was at 6:30 am alaska time and i was so surprised about the call that i wasn't sure what to say to the caller after she explained the nature of the call. i asked if i could call her back in a few minutes after i woke up and talked to my wife and the lady on the phone told me that this was my only chance. i grabbed it!!! never regretted the decision. also, don't think i could ever go back to anything less than a suite again!

You can call and upgrade yourself by paying the difference between the cabin you booked and the one you want. I did 2 weeks ago for our cruise on Saturday.

Yep, that's what we just did...

our cruise, the prices went down... we could have gotten about 200 credit, but choose to pay less than 300 to upgrade to a BB Balcony from our Cat D ocean view... I will be keeping my eye on those prices...

To the OP... have the penthouse prices gone down? If not... then it'll definitely be you paying to upgrade yourself whatever the price difference is.

You can either wait for the phone call that may never come, or be as proactive as you want. There is only 1 AB suite booked right now. That leaves a lot of them to be available for an upsell. You have 6 in your party. I would change my booking and book an AB suite for 2 right now. This will increase your chances of getting the call for an upsell to either an A3 or another AB. You might want to mention when you change your booking that you may be interested in other cabins.

I got a call for an upsell last week. While on the phone, I asked the nice NCL lady if they get angry when people call the reassignment office inquiring about upsells. She said, "No." The reason being that they do not take calls for upsells. You have to wait for the magic call. I only asked because I was skeptical if that was indeed the case. I also see why it is the case. Good luck with your efforts and enjoy your cruise wherever you end up.

Well, I tried contacting our agency regarding upgrading. I have to say the service at this agency was great until after we booked. You deal with one agent until then, thereafter you deal with any random agent and they do not make much of an effort. For example, I asked about upgrading to a penthouse and mini suite and I used cabins 11530 and 11532 as an EXAMPLE of what I was interested in. She told me those two cabins were not available but didn't say what, if anything IS or make any suggestions. Ugh. :confused: She quoted $3k to upgrade just my DH, DD and I to a PH.

Unlike DCL, I couldn't link our reservations with NCL so I don't know if they even know our parties are together so that they would offer us an upsell that would accomodate all of us in one suite.

Unlike DCL, I couldn't link our reservations with NCL so I don't know if they even know our parties are together so that they would offer us an upsell that would accomodate all of us in one suite.

Have you sailed NCL before? Do you have a online NCL account? If so, then maybe when you booked you did so online and didn't give your past cruise numbers? We did that last time, and NCL told me I would have to call my TA and get them to add those numbers to our booking. Once I did, and logged onto NCL site, it showed up.

The thing w/ booking not through NCL and a TA is we can call our TA when prices drop or to inquire about an up-sell and not worry about NCL not talking to us, they will talk to the TA...

I'm not sure who you use, but is there not an ext. # for the original booking agent in the e-mail confirm they sent? If so, call them and see if they will check.

Archived