We missed the boat!!!

Daffydilly

Sorry you missed your flights. We live in MN and are cruising in a little over 2 weeks. I already told DH I am watching the weather across the nation closely. If it looks like there is something that will adversely affect our flights he better plan on hopping in the suburban and driving because I am not missing my Panama Canal Cruise :D

I was in New York on Valentines Day one year and actually tried to get out and drive the TAXI we were in. The snow was soooo thick and people were just standing outside of their cars looking around.

The driver had NO IDEA how to get us anywhere.

I'm from Winnipeg, we spend 5 months a year under a blanket of snow!

We were the last flight out of Newark that night... I believe it was 2002 and it was the same time as the UN was there deciding about heading into Iraq.

There were 100,000 extra people in the city demonstrating and such...

It was UGLY... there was NO WAY you could have just hopped into a car and headed off towards the sun.

Sorry you missed your cruise.

Happy New Year to all ...

Chass

You were aware that all of NY's airports were closed and people spent 2-3 days catching flights out. People were trapped in the subway and the railroad was closed. It snowed in Atlanta Georgia for the first time in 129 years. I highly doubt that could have rented a vehicle and made it in time with that type of weather since it was blizzard conditions. Sunday night football was rescheduled to Tuesday. You didn't hear about all this? When I saw all this happening I knew there were going to be alot of upset folks missing their cruises.

I know...my husband is a pilot out of JFK. We've had to drive long distances to make it on vacations, but again it's not for everyone. hopefully they got a refund or can go on another cruise in exchange.

The mention in the news about the 129 years in ATL was definitely about snow on Christmas day. The disadvantage of snow in the South is the lack of snow removal equipment. I remember a radio announcer years ago saying that the snow removal equipment in Dallas was the mayor driving a Volkswagen down the road with a salt shaker hanging out the window!

The mention in the news about the 129 years in ATL was definitely about snow on Christmas day. The disadvantage of snow in the South is the lack of snow removal equipment. I remember a radio announcer years ago saying that the snow removal equipment in Dallas was the mayor driving a Volkswagen down the road with a salt shaker hanging out the window!

:D:D:D, whoops .... coffee all over my laptop!

Archived