We missed the boat!!!

Daffydilly

The fiasco at New York's JFK airport resulted in cancellation of our scheduled midday flight to Florida on Tuesday and our New Year's cruise which left today - without us - on the beautiful Crown Princess. So I hope that some of you will keep us posted on day to day activities so we can enjoy it vicariously. And who's in our mini-suite?

Oh, I'm so sorry this happened to you. And you did your part in trying to fly in early. Mother Nature sure can be cruel sometimes. Again, I am so sorry to hear that you missed your cruise.

Happy New Year and Happy Future Cruising!

Sadly, I suspect you're part of a long list of folks who are missing cruises leaving shortly or recently left. I bet there are a lot of ships that must feel empty.

Hoping you had insurance to cover the financial loss and can rebook again soon.

I felt so sorry for all those folks stranded knowing alot were going to miss their cruise that they have been planning on for awhile. I'm so sorry for you. I know I would be heartbroken. The only remedy is to book another Princess cruise immediately.:)

Sorry you missed the ship. We just got off the Island yesterday and saw the beautiful Crown. We sailed on it in March.

We met a couple from Denmark on our cruise. They joined the cruise on the third day when the ship got to Aruba. Their luggage joined them later.

OP - so sorry you missed your cruise. My heart breaks for you. Was there no other way for you to get out of NY and possibly catch a plane somewhere else (i.e., Baltimore or Philly)? Tuesday-Friday would have given you roughly 3 days to get to Florida. What other attempts did you make to try to make it to the ship?

The unexpected snowstorm really put a damper on a lot of holiday travel and shopping. We got a foot of snow in a 24-hour period.....and it doesn't snow here!!!!! Having lived in New York, I can say that I have never seen the city streets look like that. When I saw the news that all the airports had closed I knew it was bad.

You had a few days before your ship left. I definitely would have driven. I am going away January 12 and while I keep checking the weather report my ship doesn't leave until the 14th and I am fully prepared to drive rather than miss the cruise.

Having lived in a snow state all my life, sometimes one cannot drive either. I know many were stranded at the New York airports, unable to leave. I heard the city was willing to pay private owners of plows to clear the streets..

To the OP, I am so sorry to hear about the huge snowstorm that hit your state that made you miss your cruise,,this must have been terrible....we also got many inches and things came to a standstill for awhile. Many of our medical personnel couldn't get to the hospital to work and it was critical for some time. Many people worked 16 hours at a time to cover for those who were unable to drive. And, our city does have a good emergency snow removing program....it is all the outlying areas and country roads that didn't get plowed right away.

The fiasco at New York's JFK airport resulted in cancellation of our scheduled midday flight to Florida on Tuesday and our New Year's cruise which left today - without us - on the beautiful Crown Princess. So I hope that some of you will keep us posted on day to day activities so we can enjoy it vicariously. And who's in our mini-suite?

Wow, you tried to leave two days early and still couldn't get out of NY. I feel horrible for you. Hope you had insurance.

Sorry to hear that you missed your cruise. Last year during our Christmas cruise, several families joined us 4 days into the 10 day cruise because of a snowstorm in Philly. If I had the choice, I think I would say let's try again next year. I'm not sure I'd want to start almost halfway into the cruise. I don't know what their options were, but I'm not sure how enjoyable it would be to start so late into things.

OP, sorry for your situation, but I do have to ask. Why did you not just drive or take the train to Washington, where the airports remained relatively clear? Could you not find a flight to book out of D.C.?

Bill

OP, sorry for your situation, but I do have to ask. Why did you not just drive or take the train to Washington, where the airports remained relatively clear? Could you not find a flight to book out of D.C.
Don't forget, trains weren't running either. It takes a LOT for the trains to stop running. As said, driving would have been slow and hazardous for at least the first few hundred miles. Even two days is not long enough to allow for the drive in the best of conditions.

OP, sorry for your situation, but I do have to ask. Why did you not just drive or take the train to Washington, where the airports remained relatively clear? Could you not find a flight to book out of D.C.?

Bill

Easy to say this after the fact. The OP missed the cruise and I am sure the OP does not want to here folks telling Her/Him you should of done this or that.

About 4 years ago we were stuck in Philly in a storm. Our only option was to drive to Fort Lauderdale or miss the cruise. We were lucky enough to get one the last rental cars. Our insurance ended up paying for the car, gas, hotel room one night. It was a long, quick drive, but it was worth it.

Dan

Archived