When Do You Think the Allure Will Stop in Falmouth?

Hi Rachael,

We are going in April and have not heard anything about Falmouth not being open until May, from my understanding it was supposed to be open from January.

However I have read several articles saying that Falmouth is very run down and not very inviting for tourists, so maybe the port is ready but the rest of the place is not up to standard?

Who sent you the email advising that Falmouth would not be ready?

My question is this: If people booked this cruise to specifically to go to Falmouth, and this is kept as Costa Maya will RCI give out compensation to all guests?

For me not deal breaker as I wasnt looking forward to Falmouth, but is interested in how this would be handled by RCI.

Just an email update from another board.

" Falmouth Mayor Gager says local businesses have not been doing enough to capitalise on the opportunity presented by the arrival of these cruise ships. Both Oasis and Allure of the Seas were scheduled to begin port stays in Falmouth as of January 2011, calling every Wednesday and Thursday and bringing 600,000 visitors annually.

But those regular stops have been moved back to May."

Hi Rachael,

We are going in April and have not heard anything about Falmouth not being open until May, from my understanding it was supposed to be open from January.

However I have read several articles saying that Falmouth is very run down and not very inviting for tourists, so maybe the port is ready but the rest of the place is not up to standard?

Who sent you the email advising that Falmouth would not be ready?

My question is this: If people booked this cruise to specifically to go to Falmouth, and this is kept as Costa Maya will RCI give out compensation to all guests?

For me not deal breaker as I wasnt looking forward to Falmouth, but is interested in how this would be handled by RCI.

There is no "compensation" if Falmouth is not ready, the cruise lines can change the itinerary at their discretion. And if anyone honestly booked the cruise because of Falmouth, well all I can say is you have to be kidding me, come on, really!

Archived