dive shop advice - bahamas

PUGSLEYTAZ

We will be stopping in Freeport and Nassau in late January. We are interested in a dive (or two) along the way. We are certfied but not very experienced. Our best expeience was last year in St Thomas - small shop - shore dive - small group - found him through CC. We are in port 8-5 and 8-6 respectivley. Anyone have any favorite operaterators in those cities? We prefer smaller local outfits who are more responsive to inexperienced divers.

Thanks in advance CC members always have the best advice!!

IMHO Stuats Cove is the operator of choice in Nassau right now and the shop most if not all ships are using. I dove with them in Nov from MONARCH. They run smaller boats - but not 6 packs - and were attentive to the skill levels of the divers aboard. They also run the little 1 person sub adventure what ever that's called . . .

IMHO your best bet in Nassau may be the ship's excursion. I had 11 divers, five couples and me, the odd man. {Take that which ever way you wish} They had several dive boats out, it seemed like one for each ship in port. Our boat had only divers from MONARCH.

Certified in 1974 by PADI Instructor #6 stopped counting dives sometime in the 80's

We will be stopping in Freeport and Nassau in late January. We are interested in a dive (or two) along the way. We are certfied but not very experienced. Our best expeience was last year in St Thomas - small shop - shore dive - small group - found him through CC. We are in port 8-5 and 8-6 respectivley. Anyone have any favorite operaterators in those cities? We prefer smaller local outfits who are more responsive to inexperienced divers.

Thanks in advance CC members always have the best advice!!

In freeport i once used sunoddessy. They took us out when all the cruise ship water excursions were canceled due to rough waters. We were fine and never felt unsafe. I wouldnt have dove if I felt unsafe. I would use them again but they havnt answered my email. I will be back first week of march. I have emailed a couple different operators. the only one so far to reply is grandbahamascuba with Fred Riger. Still waiting to see if others reply. If anyone out there has experience with grand bahama scuba please chime in. I was supposed to dive with stuart coves while we were in nassua but was under the weather so I was a no show. Will be booking with them this time.

In Nassau Stuart Cove`s place would be the shop I recommend. We have been with them many times. They are by far the best shop on the island. They are also kinda far from the port they do offer free shuttle service back and forth to the port. Just tell them your level of experience and you`ll have a wonderful time.

• 2 weeks later...

On Nassau, I agree with the other posters about Stuart Cove.

I did the snorkel from above observing the shark dive .

Professional outfit and very pretty surroundings, adjacent to what was (possibly still is) a Clarion resort.

I agree with the above posts. We used Stuart's Cove and it was a nice run operation. We had all skill levels with us on our dive. I think there was 6 divers total.

We wanted to do the shark dive but our ship got into port too late. next time we will do the shark dive :)

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend any other dive shops in Nassau? I just looked all through Stuarts Cove's website and unfortunately, it looks as though our ship's port times do not coincide with anything they have to offer. Their shuttle picks up cruise ship passengers at 7:45am but our ship doesn't dock until 8:30. :( Our ship also doesn't offer any scuba diving excursions in Nassau.

We are on the Carnival Dream and will be in Nassau on July 31st from 8:30am - 2pm

Archived