Just returned from Dream this morning 30th Dec

Hi everyone! just got back today from Dream. I was on the Dream in August also and there have been improvements but I feel theres still a way to go:(

I'll do a full review soon.

still problems with aircon, sewage smells, our toilet broke 4 times, we couldn't get into our cabin for 6hours on arrival as someone else had to be moved into it etc. we were well compensated with on board credit.

the staff seem alot happier and more of a team. food still just ok. not fantastic. couldn't see any refurbs anywhere, still had a grotty bathroom.:rolleyes:

exursions were fantastic! swimming with dolphins brilliant! sea too rough to swim with turtles, other tours great too.

feel free to ask any questions:)

Hi well over the last few days the dream has become a night mere. a lot of people have had there hols cancelled at the last minute. I'm book to go next thursday the 6th if it happens, "fingers crossed", I've never been on board this ship and any advice you can give would be a help. From bar prices, trip costs and which trips are value for money. Which is the best place to eat and which shows are the best to see. You have the answers I hope this holiday comes of as we need it but I hope it is a good one if it does. Many thanks gary.

hi, we swam with dolphins in Curacao. It cost about £130 per person for 1 dolphin between 3 people for 30 minutes. It was well worth it! our family will never forget it, especially as we bought the all the cd photos and video for $125 dollars:D

Yes we defo enjoyed our holiday despite the problems. many people did not and there were lots of complaints. but we knew from August what we were coming to. our air con worked fine, although very noisily.:rolleyes:room 5152. i feel very sorry for people having there hols cancelled at the last minute because with our 12hour delay due to snow, i wasn't sure that we would be going and it wasn;t a nice feeling. But i saw how people suffered on our floor constantly having to keep the cabin doors open and fans on the go so maybe its for the best for those people whose aircon defo wont be working.

we received £272 for not being able to get in our cabin and unpack for the first 6 hours. we happily spent it on trips! the trips seem expensive at first glance, all varied prices, but the guided tours are well worthwhile, especially in the poor places like grenada and columbia. we saw and learnt alot about the places we visited while other people ventured on their own to come back quickly because they didn't feel safe. i think if youv'e travelled all that way , whatever the price of the guided tours, they are worth it. they they range from about £20 to £70 mostly with exceptions like the dolphin ones.:)

to Gary , i don't know if you are visiting the same places as me. I visited Barbados, Grenada,Curacao,Aruba,Columbia,Jamaica. do you wnat to know about any of these places?:)

Hi Cruisebec, thanks for your advice and yes we are going to all of them places so any trips that you can recommend would be a help. Did you also go to cuba as we start there and stay over night, leaving in the afternoon of the next day.

We always go on the Rhum Runner in Grenada. The crew are fantastic and everyone has a good time. they take you over to a lovely beach where you wade ashore and the party never stops from the moment you get on until you get back to the ship. There is an open bar (with soft drinks if you don't like all those rum punches) snacks with dancing and a limbo competion on the way back to the ship. We have done it for the 3times that we have been to Grenada and no one that has been on it has had a bad word for it (OH is disappointed that we don't land there this time).Grenada is a safe place to walk around but it is quite busy with traffic or you can easily get a taxi in port for a tour of the island.

Hi Gary,

In Barbados, as the turtle encounter was called off due to bad weather, we just got in one of the many taxis, 4dollars per person, to the nearest beach. I forget the name of it but it was the one after the 'boatyard' beach. some beaches you have to pay for but this one was free, the sand and sea was beatiful.

'We went on 'discover grenada' .this was was well worth the money. it was so interesting hearing all about the island from the tour guide driver. he kept stopping to show us the the different fruit/spices on the trees at the road side. we enjoyed the plantation, the volcano top and waterfall. to our delight there was monkey just sitting the carpark when we got there. it was so interesting looking at all the houses as we went past and the bustling port. i felt we'd seen a lot of the island, and learnt alot about how the hurricane had effected people, indepence from britain etc.

In Curacao, we went on the dolphin encounter as descibed earlier.

In Aruba, we went to De Palma island snorkel. we also did the seatrek there which was great fun if you;ve never scuba dived. this island is

lovely. the drinks and food is included.very americanised. the snorkelling is great to beginners like us, and theres lots of space,sunbeds,sand and sea, facilities. a lovely break from the boat.

we did 'santa Marta city tour'. the tour round the church, gold museum and house was a bit boring. but looking at at all the people on the streets, shops and houses was very interesting and listening to what the tour guide had to say.Santa Marta is not really set up for tourists. it was very poor and i would not have gone out independantly. too many people hasseling you to buy stuff and begging.we also went to a hotel for an included drink and some folk dancing. this was really boring too.:rolleyes:

we didn't go out in jamaica as our flight times were too close. but we got married in jamaica and i remember the dunns river falls as being a great

experience.:)

Interesting, thanks cruisebec. I'm begining to think that these certs. are only asked for at inland border control points.

ET

Pleased we didn't bother then - especially considering the cost if we don't go!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

we just took $500 american dollars and every country accepted them. we spent $400. we are a family of 4. we didn't need to buy anymore. i would imagine you could exchange more on board, if you needed to.

all excursions paid for in english money with onboard account. just settled bill with credit card.:)

We swam with dolphins in Tortola booked it direct before leaving and paid less than half the £95pp Thomsons want.

Make sure you book the right dolphin package tho as ours didn't include a belly-tow, which I offered to pay the extra for but they didn't ask for, woop woop.

This did mean that we bought the $50 DVD tho lol, some people we went with haggled them down to $75 for the DVD and the photos.

They do offer something called a King Dolphin Experience which is done in a much smaller group and you get to do a handstand with the dolphins.

Also as we were no on a Thomson package we were done in a smaller group too, worth looking into and an experience we will not forget.

Archived