Orlando Airport Help

mnsawyer

Has anyone that recently cruised out of Port Canaveral tell me how many hours ahead of your flight you can check your bags at Orlando Airport? We have a 5:30 p.m. flight and am concerned about how early in the day we can check our bags.

Thanks!

Has anyone that recently cruised out of Port Canaveral tell me how many hours ahead of your flight you can check your bags at Orlando Airport? We have a 5:30 p.m. flight and am concerned about how early in the day we can check our bags.

The industry standard is 4 hours. If you tell the counter agent that you just got off of a cruise ship, they may be able to override the system and allow you to check in early.

There used to be a place in the main terminal that you could pay to store your bags in Orlando. I've done that before when getting off, caught a cab and went to Universal. My flight didn't go out until almost 8:00 pm, so I had the whole day at the park.

June

Update - I decided to call American Airlines directly to see what the story is...in Orlando, you can check your bags anytime during the day of your flight. I even had her double check with a supervisor and Help Desk and it is in their system regarding baggage. What a relief! Otherwise, I was going to change our flights.

Archived