Do you pack beach towels from home?

kiraryker

We have a family of 5 going to a lot of beach excursions - would you just bring beach towels from home?
No.

I admit that I was really surprised by this question because it never would have occurred to me that anyone would think of bringing towels from home along on a cruise.

We always take extras for the beaches at the ports. For two reasons. First, so that any would be robber/thief won't know that we are on the island for only for a few hours and hopefully making us a less desirable target. Second, the mysterious factor. :) Those wondering if we a staying on the island, on a cruise, or what ever.

I really prefer to take my own. I have cheap, thin ones that pack really well and even when wet are lighter than the ship towels dry. I used to say pack less and use the ships towels until the one time I had a really long excursion and was carrying around that very heavy, very wet carnival towel for three hours.

If your excursions ar not long or not intensive walking afterwards I would say go ahead and use the ship's towels...if they are, invest and take your own.

I have these really cool towels I take, that have a pillow row built into one end, and they have like a shoulder strap that makes them real convenient to hang on you deck chair. But when we go ashore we take the Carnival towels, which can be laundered. If our towels get wet I throw them in the dryer at the laundermat. I only bring my own when we drive to the port, or fly southwest. I'll be taking them on the Spirit at the end of the month.

No.

I admit that I was really surprised by this question because it never would have occurred to me that anyone would think of bringing towels from home along on a cruise.

Well we will be staying on Cocoa Beach for 2 days prior to our cruise so I was planning on just packing towels from home for the hotel stay also. We are flying SW so bags are not an issue but I do like the idea of clean towels every day but I also like the idea of our towels to mark chairs/ spots while in port

I packed some to take into ports. I didnt want to take the chance of having to pay the $22 ea. or whatever it is if someone doesnt come back with the towels and a couple get lost.

If you lose a towel, there are always plenty on deck on those unused lounge chairs! Just take one from there!

(OK, I probably wouldn't have the guts to do that, but I'm sure someone would, I just wanted to say it).

I always take the ship towels, never lost one or had it stolen. Also, when we get back from port, it's sometimes nice to go to the pool, since we usually go to the beach for a couple hours and then head back to the ship, and sometimes to the Lido. You can trade in your towel at the towel hut for a clean towel, they don't take your name down if you're just trading in.

I'm the one who always has to carry the bag with all our beach stuff and I HATE lugging those big, heavy towels from the ship. I bought a couple nice microfiber towels from REI. They weigh next to nothing, take up almost no room, dry overnight and the sand just shakes out. I LOVE them and they go on every cruise :):)

Paula

We always stay a few days post-cruise, bring light wt ones, i lay one in the bottom of each suitcase b4 packing, AND i have a neat sheet, luv it!! I get mine at wal-mart but u can google it too. It is a lt-wt blanket thingy, has wts in the corners to hold it down, sand can be shaken off, painless. Large enuff for 2 peeps. Lt blue so it doesnt get hot either. I put it in the small checked bag w/shoes, suntan lotion, soft-sided cooler ( u kno what 4).

Like some others - I buy thin cheap ones from Walmart - they take up very little space. Carnival ones are huge, bulky, heavy (although very nice) but a pain to lug around with you on excursions. I just shake ours out - throw them into the dryer for one cycle. The last excursion I will leave beside garbage pail as I leave and they usually disappear before I am 10 steps away - I only do this if I have bought stuff and need the room.

Archived