Grand Cayman Beach Advice

RCCLBaby

I do not like going to the Reef Club on GC. It is over crowded. I learned that the Grand Cayman Marriott on 7 mile beach will allow us to go there on a day pass. The day rate is half of the nightly rate. Allows up to 4 people. $44 pp. You will receive a room and the use of their facilities. The pictures are wonderful. If interested go to their web site have their costmer servise transfer you to Grand Cayman. Save on long distance.

I plan to see what their weather is going to be before I leave for the cruise. If it is good I will book the room.

If someone else has a better idea of a place where we can go and enjoy a relaxing beach, bar, food and snorkle let me know.

You don't need to pay a hotel to go to the beach in GC...all the beaches are public and all have chair/umbrella rentals and nearby food and drink and restrooms. There's a bus/cab that stops right at the tender dock and can take you .

Does the day pass include lunch or anything? I wouldn't pay $44 for a beach day especially on a free public beach....Since GC is kind of pricey it may be worth it if u get a meal with it...we just went to the public beach area at GC and just set up a little ways from the crowd...they had restroom, water toy rentals, you could rent chairs, umbrellas...etc but we paid no where near $44 pp...maybe $10 total to get a couple of chairs....you will be paying $44 where just down the beach others will basically be getting the same (minus the room) for free...

We also have been to Grand Cayman signed up for a beach break on 7 mile beach. It was wonderful but next time I will just take a bus or taxi to the beach. Many cute little bar/restaurants can pay to rent chair umbrella if you would like. This is one of the only stops I do not use my hotel priority points such as Marriott rewards or pay for a day room. I think the public beaches offer as much as hotels. That's a good price though especially if it includes food, drinks or you like dipping in a pool!:)

You don't need to pay a hotel to go to the beach in GC...all the beaches are public and all have chair/umbrella rentals and nearby food and drink and restrooms. There's a bus/cab that stops right at the tender dock and can take you .

Beach is public only to water mark that is left in the morning. They would be able to rent a chair at Marriot. Also Marriot isn't all inclusive , so they'll pay for food and drinks on top of $44 charge. I would use chairs in front of the condos if they're available.

I would use chairs in front of the condos if they're available.

There are no free chairs. Those ones in front of the condos belong to the people that own/rent the condos. They're not up for grabs for cruise visitors.

If you want a chair, you either need to pay for a day pass to one of the hotels if/when they're available, or you need to rent a chair at one of the beach bar areas (Royal Palms, Sea Grape, Tiki Beach).

There are no free chairs. Those ones in front of the condos belong to the people that own/rent the condos. They're not up for grabs for cruise visitors.

If you want a chair, you either need to pay for a day pass to one of the hotels if/when they're available, or you need to rent a chair at one of the beach bar areas (Royal Palms, Sea Grape, Tiki Beach).

Read my post again before give you 2c . I said if they're available than use them.

I think bookbabe is trying to advise that the chairs, palapas, etc... of the various condos and other private properties along 7MB are not made available for use by the public, even if no one is using them.

Visitors may rent chairs and umbrellas at the various beach clubs and possibly at some of the hotels along the beach. Here again, unless renting/day pass, the hotel's chairs and other amenities are for the use of the hotel guests.

You may plop a towel down almost anywhere, but may get asked to move to the public area (high tide mark) at some of the properties.

Using common courtesy and respecting the rules can usually prevent any misunderstandings.

Read my post again before give you 2c . I said if they're available than use them.

As TurtleTagger said, I was referring to the fact that the chairs in front of condos are not generally available for public use, even if no one is sitting in them at the time.

If you're suggesting something else, please clarify...because it seems like you're suggesting to sit in the empty chairs on the beach in front of the condos rather than pay for a rental chair or hotel day pass.

Sorry, but this is a pet peeve of mine. We have a beachfront house out at Rum Point, and have on a couple of occasions come home to find people sitting in our lawn chairs on the beach, or having made themselves at home in the side yard (sandy open area which looks a bit like a vacant lot). :mad: Just 'cause we're not sitting in the chairs at the time doesn't mean that passersby can make themselves at home...and the same thing applies to the condo owners' chairs and other facilities.

The only way to get a chair is to pay for it in some way or another...either by renting one at one of the beach bars, paying for a day pass at a hotel, buying food/drink at a facility that offers free chairs to customers, or buying/renting a condo/house/hotel room on the beach.

Towels on the sand at one of the sections of public beach are always acceptable, though, and totally free.

Other threads say that the current day pass rate at the Marriott is only $12 pp. Which is correct? Where do you find it? I don't see anything on their website.

The price you are referring to is if you just show up to the Marriot and IF they are not already full with their regular guest who are staying there, they sometimes allow a few cruise passengers to use their pool and facilities for a small fee per person...they don't want their hotel over run with cruisers so have a limited amount they MAY allow on their property for the day.

The person that started this thread is thinking about reserving a whole room for the day...that is why you are seeing a price difference...the best way to get current prices though is to call them and give them the date you will be in GC...

• 1 year later...

Archived