Seattle-Vancouver-Amtrak. Coach seat? or Business seat?

Kaki

2 + 1 seating instead of 2 + 2. A coupon for $4 (I think) off food from the cafe. If you are traveling as a couple, the "2" side is on the left side, which is side with the scenic Sound views, so you don't have to worry about getting there super early to get a Sound side seat.

For traveling from Vancouver, Business Class has the advantage of having a separate check-in/US Immigration line, which usually very short. The check-in/US Immigration line for the southbound train on summer weekends can be quite long, and Business class essentially lets you cut it.

When I go (a couple of times a year), I always buy Business Class returning from Vancouver to avoid that line alone.

There will be 5 of us traveling, 2 couples and a almost 4 year old.

Traveling Tuesday a.m. TO Vancouver.

Traveling Thursday a.m. TO Seattle.

How difficult/disruptive will it be to get up with the 4 year old to walk to the snack car?

I WAS going to do the Seattle bus shuttle, decided that the train would be better for the 4 year old...for about the same price.

There will be 5 of us traveling, 2 couples and a almost 4 year old.

Traveling Tuesday a.m. TO Vancouver.

Traveling Thursday a.m. TO Seattle.

How difficult/disruptive will it be to get up with the 4 year old to walk to the snack car?

I WAS going to do the Seattle bus shuttle, decided that the train would be better for the 4 year old...for about the same price.

It's one car back from Business Class. The tracks are not the smoothest in the world, so hang onto him/her firmly.

Archived