Experiences tendering Greek Isles

curiouscat

Any feedback on the S class ships tendering in Mykonos and Santorini....?

I'm concerned about the length of time it takes getting onto the islands... We are not booking a suite or elite so I guess no priority tender tickets...unless they give to AQ cabins:eek:

CC

I'm concerned about the length of time it takes getting onto the islands... We are not booking a suite or elite so I guess no priority tender tickets...unless they give to AQ cabins:eek:

CC

We docked in Mykonos even though it said we'd tender. It's really easy either way. Santorini takes some time, but if you are prepared, it can be painless. They usually announce tender tickets the day before... GET THERE and get your tickets. Pay attention... if you miss out, you'll have to wait in line that can take longer. I would try to get the earlier tickets. Then once on land in Santorini you'll take a gondola up to the top (or donkey... I didn't take this route):) There you'll find another line, but not too bad. Try to get the first set of tender tickets and get off the ship as soon as possible. You'll want as much time as possible on this gorgeous island.

Enjoy! The Med is best!

CC

We did a tour to Oia off of the Solstice at Santorini and we tendered off the ship in time for the tour with no problems. A scheduled tour might be your best bet to get off early.

CC

We tendered with the Norweigan Gem in July at Mykonos and Santorini. We took an NCL excursion at Santorini that tendered farther south of where the cable car/donkeys are located, then took a bus up the escarpment. Visited a winery and the tour drove most of the island all the way north to Oia then ended at Fira. I recommend an excursion. Santorini is a true gem, and you want to see as much as possible. Doing your own thing will take more time and you will not see as much.

At Mykonos, tendering is actually better than docking, since the dock is farther from the town. The tender drops you off right at the town, and from there you can take the private ferry to Delos, or do Mykonos on your own.

One think about tendering. Don't wait to get your tickets, go early. You might have to wait in line for a bit, but it is worth the wait.

Archived