downgrade cabin on ES fare

Mom2Evie

Currently we are booked in an aft facing balcony for our April 2011 cruise. Am I allowed to downgrade our sabin to just an OV? If so, what happens to the difference in our fare? Will I lose the $50 pp? Will the money be applied as OBC?

I am before the final payment date of Feb 2, but I am paid in full. I don't really NEED to downgrade, but I was looking at fares today & saw that an OV cabin was a full $500 less than ours. The balcony seemed like such a great idea when I booked it, but I'm wondering if it is worth the extra $$$.

I am before the final payment date of Feb 2, but I am paid in full. I don't really NEED to downgrade, but I was looking at fares today & saw that an OV cabin was a full $500 less than ours. The balcony seemed like such a great idea when I booked it, but I'm wondering if it is worth the extra $$$.

Feb 2, 2011???

We are sailing Feb 12 and out final payment was quite a few weeks ago.

Final payment is usually 75 days out.

or do you mean you final date is Feb 2?

With ES rate you can not down ground-- cancel and pay he 50.00 pp cancellation fee and rebook.

You can downgrade on Carnival and on the "other" cruise line!!! lol

I've done it once on each line, and one I got the amount ($240) refunded to my credit card, and the other I got as OBC ($80.00). I changed balcony cabin categories to a "lesser" category, but for a "prime" location each time.

Just to let folks know there is no specific rule saying you cant downgrade. They say legal looked at the little blurb about matching to a specif category and that covers them for everything. Then the logic goes they look at each upgrade or downgrade separately and decide .. yea right, like folks have not noticed upgrades get approved only.

There are things you might be able to push on if you really try.

Archived