Spirit deck chair question

jenpan

We have an aft cabin right under the kids pool on the Spirit. Should we expect to hear deck chairs being moved in the middle of the night or early morning? Do they have deck chairs near the kids pool section? I would assume there are some for parents to sit and watch their children.

We were in 9710 in December. We never heard any chairs. One afternoon we heard the pitter patter of little feet over our heads, but it was only briefly and not loud.

Pat

How was the vibration/engine noise in the far aft? We have 9703 in Feb.

Thanks.

I always sat at a table right by the kid's pool to have my morning coffee. You could always pull up a chair if one wasn't right there.

I think the OP was wondering if the noise was loud for their room underneath the kids pool. Like when they clean the main pool area and the rooms under the pool hear them dragging pool chairs around early in the morning.

We were in cabin 9207, a inside that was around 190 sq ft. Never heard deck chairs but when the pool and Kids Zone opened up you can hear them running. There was a slight vibration when the ship was sailing near top speed but not enough to bother us.

This is a great location if you have kids, take the back stairs up one deck to reach the Buccaneer Pool area. We had our grand kids with us and they would play here all day. Even with the kids, this area was quieter than the main pool area. There are lounge chairs but not a lot of them, sometimes we would sit in the stadium area looking down at the pool sipping our drinks.

How was the vibration/engine noise in the far aft? We have 9703 in Feb.

Thanks.

This was our first aft sailing so I was a little concerned about excess motion and the vibration that I sometimes read about. Motion was never an issue even though I did feel it in the front of the ship at times. The only time we felt any excess vibration was when the ship was going full speed. The Captain said it was due to the medical emergency and they don't usually go at that speed. It wasn't major, just different and I actually slept really well that night. I can't say enought good things about the Spirit and her crew. Have a great cruise.

Pat

Thanks, everyone. Sounds like we won't be disturbed too much. We have 9710 booked for March 6. In fact, we are headed down to check out the ship right now since we only live about 40 miles from N.O. and it docked this morning. Maybe we will stop for a good shrimp or oyster poboy on the way!!!! Gotta love that New Orleans food!!

We were in cabin 9207, a inside that was around 190 sq ft. Never heard deck chairs but when the pool and Kids Zone opened up you can hear them running. There was a slight vibration when the ship was sailing near top speed but not enough to bother us.

This is a great location if you have kids, take the back stairs up one deck to reach the Buccaneer Pool area. We had our grand kids with us and they would play here all day. Even with the kids, this area was quieter than the main pool area. There are lounge chairs but not a lot of them, sometimes we would sit in the stadium area looking down at the pool sipping our drinks.

Thanks for the reply. We are actaully across the hall from you, so maybe the pitter patter of childrens early morning feet may not be as noticeable.

Archived