Last to Disembark?

LazySleepr

Ok, I'm lazy. I really don't want to wake up early and do this mad rush to the exit because I'm in no hurry to leave the boat.

Assuming my boat arrives on time at 8AM, what should my plan be if I want to:

A) Be last few to leave the boat

B) Enjoy a nice relaxing breakfast

C) Take a leisurely stroll and sit down people watching

D) Carry my own luggage (Just a small roller bag, cooler(? - not sure on this yet - just want to keep some small soda bottles cool...not sure if the cabin ice bucket can hold them), and backpack) [ABSOLUTELY NO CHECKED LUGGAGE!!]

So, what the latest time should I wake up? What time should I head for breakfast? Should I take my stuff with me for breakfast? Where's a good place to relax till disembarking in a Fantasy Class ship? What are you experiences?

I mean, I don't mind leaving my stuff in the cabin and "leisurely" forget to pick them up till 9:59AM (I hear the boat must be empty by 10AM) but I really don't want to be a hassle to my room stewards who need to clean the room.

You will probably have to clear your cabin by 9 am .. I find you might as well get up and eat and get off the ship. The longer you wait, sometimes you can get stuck for hours in the customs line. Annoucements will be waking you up long before 9 am.

I guess you could sit somewhere and watch everyone else get off for a while.

By around 10 am, if nothing goes wrong, everyone will be off the ship (but not thru customs necessarily).

You will be told to clear the cabins long before your 9:59 am time you mentioned. I dont see much point to sitting there watching others get off the ship to be last. Its not like there will be anything to do other than sit and watch. When Iv done a B2B Iv watched, but not on purpose.

Those doing self disembarkation will be off long before 10 am .. so you will be in amongst the folks waiting for their numbers to be called, you will already have been called to get off.

You will be requested to vacate your cabin between 8 and 9. Nothing is open except the MDR and Lido buffet, and the pursers desk.

Not a fun place to be that morning.

We try to escape as soon as possible to avaoid the doldrums.

You will probably have to clear your cabin by 9 am .. I find you might as well get up and eat and get off the ship. The longer you wait, sometimes you can get stuck for hours in the customs line. Annoucements will be waking you up long before 9 am.

I guess you could sit somewhere and watch everyone else get off for a while.

By around 10 am, if nothing goes wrong, everyone will be off the ship (but not thru customs necessarily).

You will be told to clear the cabins long before your 9:59 am time you mentioned. I dont see much point to sitting there watching others get off the ship to be last. Its not like there will be anything to do other than sit and watch. When Iv done a B2B Iv watched, but not on purpose.

Those doing self disembarkation will be off long before 10 am .. so you will be in amongst the folks waiting for their numbers to be called, you will already have been called to get off.

Yeah - there is no sleeping in that final morning :o. Last year on the Dream the announcements started about 6:30 :eek: !!

Ok, I'm lazy. I really don't want to wake up early and do this mad rush to the exit because I'm in no hurry to leave the boat.

Assuming my boat arrives on time at 8AM, what should my plan be if I want to:

A) Be last few to leave the boat

B) Enjoy a nice relaxing breakfast

C) Take a leisurely stroll and sit down people watching

D) Carry my own luggage (Just a small roller bag, cooler(? - not sure on this yet - just want to keep some small soda bottles cool...not sure if the cabin ice bucket can hold them), and backpack) [ABSOLUTELY NO CHECKED LUGGAGE!!]

So, what the latest time should I wake up? What time should I head for breakfast? Should I take my stuff with me for breakfast? Where's a good place to relax till disembarking in a Fantasy Class ship? What are you experiences?

I mean, I don't mind leaving my stuff in the cabin and "leisurely" forget to pick them up till 9:59AM (I hear the boat must be empty by 10AM) but I really don't want to be a hassle to my room stewards who need to clean the room.

The ship will arrive MUCH earlier - barring any unforeseen issues.

There really isn't anything to do on the last morning. The staff is very friendly but you can tell that they just want u off. You can still eat breakfast and might be able to find a spot on the lido deck and sit and watch everyone else getting off and I'm sure there are folks that do it. However, the overall vibe on that last day kinda sucks. I doubt u can leave your luggage in the room past 9am since staff need to get in there and start cleaning. You will want to be up and ready to go just in case your sailing is running ahead of schedule and calling zones off early.

so what would be a safe time to book a flight outta tampa,gonna be on legend 1/16 booking.we have a 3pm flight but i am looking to change it to earlier flightmjust not sure how early.

The cruiseline normally doesn't recommend scheduling a flight before noon...If everything runs perfectly or ahead of schedule u can probably get a flight even earlier than that, but if things are running behind for any reason you are taking the chance of missing your flight if you schedule something too early.

Enjoy!

There really isn't anything to do on the last morning. The staff is very friendly but you can tell that they just want u off. You can still eat breakfast and might be able to find a spot on the lido deck and sit and watch everyone else getting off and I'm sure there are folks that do it. However, the overall vibe on that last day kinda sucks. I doubt u can leave your luggage in the room past 9am since staff need to get in there and start cleaning. You will want to be up and ready to go just in case your sailing is running ahead of schedule and calling zones off early.

Yeah....but the "last" day for us is the "first" day for the next group! If we dilly dally leaving it holds up the preparations for those boarding. Which IMHO....is worse ;)!!

so what would be a safe time to book a flight outta tampa,gonna be on legend 1/16 booking.we have a 3pm flight but i am looking to change it to earlier flightmjust not sure how early.

We were on the Legend on Oct and did not get off the ship until around 10:20 (zone 11) We arrived at TIA about 10:50am. Our airline changed our original 11:35 am flt to 11:15 and thank goodness we opted to change to the later 2:15 flight. We would not have had time to check our bags and take the shuttle over to airside and then get through security. I would leave the 3pm flight as is. After we checked our bags we were able to have a nice lunch and then take our time getting over to airside. If there is fog the ship may not be able to pass under the Skyway bridge thus resulting in a later arrival time. Personally, I would not change to an earlier time.

However, the overall vibe on that last day kinda sucks.

Really? How come?

I thought most cruise ships would have a dedicated force on disembarkation day to drag most people off the boat kicking and screaming! Unless, of course, they have a flight to catch to another wonderful destination :)

People can't be that desperate to head back to their 9-5 grind ASAP, can they?

Really? How come?

I thought most cruise ships would have a dedicated force on disembarkation day to drag most people off the boat kicking and screaming! Unless, of course, they have a flight to catch to another wonderful destination :)

People can't be that desperate to head back to their 9-5 grind ASAP, can they?

On Triumph, some lady with a late flight didnt think the announcements to get out of the cabins meant her. She jumped into the shower... held up our emarkation by an hour, getting some people off the ship who had not clicked out.

I think the last morning sucks they mean, because its just too early to be up, the long lines to get off the ship .. if its winter, its cold back in the U.S., especially so early. I cant sleep in with all that noise.

I understand the situation of the OP. I have been wondering the same thine, although I don't want to sleep in, we are spending the night after we arive back in NO and cannot get into our room until 3:00. Just hanging around somewhere with our luggage is not something I look forward to.

B) Enjoy a nice relaxing breakfast .

you want to avoid the lido buffet if looking for a relaxing experience.

Amost everyone on the cruise will be at the buffet.

But do check to see what time they close.

last cruise they were closing up at 9am.

I am generally up by 6am and having breakfast by 7am. I will walk around the ships deck one last time and then either get off the ship when called/or wait in the lounge for the post-cruise tour (generally leaving by 8am at the latest).

The latest I have gotten off the ship was 10:15 when they were still calling the bag tags in the teens, I had #26. They said that all bags were off and the remaining passengers could work their way down......The line for customs was LOOOOOOOOONG and after 45 minutes of waiting in customs I was running to catch a transfer to MIA and by the time they got to my terminal I had less than 90 minutes to spare before my flight. After security line and a LONG walk to the gate I say for a few when they called boarding....

Your best to be up by 8am at least!!!!!

I understand the situation of the OP. I have been wondering the same thine, although I don't want to sleep in, we are spending the night after we arive back in NO and cannot get into our room until 3:00. Just hanging around somewhere with our luggage is not something I look forward to.

Check your luggage at the hotel and spend time exploring NO.

Really? How come?

People can't be that desperate to head back to their 9-5 grind ASAP, can tey?

Haha...Fire and Onearmbandit summed the last morning up....There are lines, customs, everything is shut down, no activities, no Fun Patrol, loud announcements constantly, no music...etc..I don't look at that last morning as a vacation day....Its basically grab breakfast and get off the ship day...I could be wrong but I doubt there are many ppl that hang out on the ship just to hang out...I'm sure a few do who are in your situation though, but not many...on the last morning u can really tell the cruise is over so most just want to get off and go to their next destination...I can't really explain the vibe....you just have to see for yourself...

Have a great trip!

Archived