Amsterdam HH cabin guarantee .. what might be the possible upgrades ?

harrywerk

Hi.

This is my first post to the CC so please bear with me.

This is my first cruise on the Amsterdam and my girlfriend and I (both aussies) are booked on the March 8th to April 10th leg of the World Cruise (Hong Kong to Athens). As we booked quite late there was only an Oceanview cabin available (and a HH cabin guarantee at that). We are both really looking forward to the trip as we also have 3 days in Hong Kong before the cruise and 5 days in Athens after the cruise. Would any one know of the possible upgrades that the Cabin Upgrade fairy might bestow on us (if any) ? Even if no upgrade is given we are still hugely excited. I have had one other cruise with HAL, on the Oosterdam to Alaska May 17th (I think) Cat F Unobstructed Single and loved it and another one cruise with Princess on the the Diamond Princess Dec 2009 Sydney to Auckland equally impressive.

Regards,

Harry W.

These cruises are very popular and the world voyage crowd books way in advance. There is nothing wrong with an HH room. You might upgrade to a oceanview room of some sort but nothing more. I would be very happy with your HH. I love this ship! Bon Voyage!:D

We booked an HH on the Zaandam after final payment was due, so it was not booked very far in advance. (we're leaving today!) We were assigned an E - Main Deck unobstructed view. You will most likely get anything from an HH to a C. For what it's worth, we have about 30 days on HAL.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

You have a fabulous cruise booked, and I've read that it will be very full. That old upgrade fairy is a mystery, so it's good to know you'll be happy with your HH. Such wonderful places you'll see.

Archived