Pools

luvcarnival

The largest pools are on the Fantasy Class ships... They are 43 feet long by 14 feet wide, 4 feet 6 inches deep. The pools on the Conquest and Dream Class are 30 feet by 16 feet, 4 feet 6 inches deep and the Spirit Class are 32 by 13, 4 feet 4 inches deep...

All are salt water...

:)

What divider in the Fantasy class pools? Why?

The pool is split in half with a baffle divider. The more space the water has to slosh around (longer pools on Fantasy class) the more unstable the ship becomes in very rough seas.

I realize why they did it, but i did NOT like when they put the divider in the Fantasy class pools.

The divider is there to control "sloshing" of water fore and aft. Since the pool is longer the water gets more momentum to splash out during heavy seas.

And I believe the Fantasy class pools are uneven...the Bow most part is shallower, whilst the stern most part is deeper.

Yea, the divider also to keep smaller kids in shallow end as well.

The largest pools are on the Fantasy Class ships... They are 43 feet long by 14 feet wide, 4 feet 6 inches deep. The pools on the Conquest and Dream Class are 30 feet by 16 feet, 4 feet 6 inches deep and the Spirit Class are 32 by 13, 4 feet 4 inches deep...

All are salt water...

:)

Could you be a little more specific? LOL sorry had to say it ;)

What divider in the Fantasy class pools? Why?

The pool is split in half with a baffle divider. The more space the water has to slosh around (longer pools on Fantasy class) the more unstable the ship becomes in very rough seas.

I cruised on a Fantasy class ship (Elation) that did not (and still doesn't) have the waterworks/resort pool upgrades. On there, the divider was there to separate the swimming part of the pool from the waterslide landing pool. The issue of the sloshing around may have been the main purpose of it, but from our perspective, it was all about keeping people away from the waterslide landing area. The waterslide was a part of the main pool and still is for the ships not upgraded. On the ones that have been upgraded, they left the divider in place. I'm guessing that the pools are bigger because they were initially designed to be for swimming and waterslide landing, and therefore needed more space. The Holiday class pools (also a waterslide landing, but much smaller) did not allow for any swimming when the waterslide was running. So they corrected that on the Fantasy class with the bigger pool.

Been looking at the layout of a lot of the carnival ships and was wondering which has the largest and/or best pool? Are they all salt water?

Personally I like the setup on the Spirit Class the best. There are two pools midship, one of which has the retracting cover. This keeps the aft pool from having walls around it like the pre-refit Fantasy class ships had (the Destiny and Conquest classes have enclosed aft pool areas). The open aft pool area was always a favorite of mine. So I was glad to hear that they are making the aft pool area on the Spirit class adults only! A double whammy. :D

Archived