Altun Ha/River Wallace

forever cruise

Can you tell me who you are using? I am interested in this as well.

It is carnival tours belize dot com (not associated with Carnival, type it all in ..no space)...click on request call back it's the most effective way to get a reply.

We've done this tour twice (went with new cruisers the 2nd time) and enjoyed it each time. The guides on the river will stop and point out local wildlife, we saw manatee last time :) lots of monkeys and bats. I preferred the ruin guide we had on our first trip, but both were very knowledgeable.

We did this tour through CCL on the Legend last summer. It was the LONGEST, MOST MISERABLE day! The info said it was to last 4-5 hours... it took 8-9 and we had NO time to do anything else at the port. Our son was 7 at the time so I thought this would be perfect for him. 5 hours, educational tour, sight seeing, etc. Well, that didn't happen. After the River Wallace tour, they took us to a "resort" for a quick snack of some kind of chicken with rice and beans. Was NOT included in the $90 per person price. Caught a bus from there... traveled 1.5 hours to Altun Ha... stayed 45 minutes to 1 hour... then traveled another 1.5 hours back to port and barely made it to ship on time. Thankfully, this was a Carnival tour so I knew they would have to wait on all of us.

NEVER, EVER again will I book a tour through a cruise line. I do all of my own research online and book with private tour companies who are highly rated. Going back to Belize in April 2011 and booked at private company who I found online. Do your research and you will have a better experience. We booked private in Roatan and it was the BEST part of our trip.

Archived