Can we 'do' Tarifa in half a day from Gibraltar?

We will be visiting Gibraltar for the third time n as many years in July 2011, from 9am to 4pm.

Having already visited twice aready...we are rather 'monkied' out! ...and have done all the major sights.

My two questions are!!

1. Can we visit Tarifa in the time scale.

2. ...and if we can....is it worth it? I understand that it is BIG in windsurfing terms, but is it worth a visit as an alternative destination to Gibraltar?

If you have any other suggestions...then please do tell!!

Thanks in advance.

Nerys

We stayed in Tarifa for three days. IMHO there is not very much there, other than the ferries to Morocco. Windsurfing is east of town. I would select an alternate destination. Perhaps you could rent a car and head towards some of the white hill towns. This would require a full day vs. a half day. Agree with you on Gib...once you have seen it and toured it there are not many reasons to return.

We stayed in Tarifa for three days. IMHO there is not very much there, other than the ferries to Morocco. Windsurfing is east of town. I would select an alternate destination. Perhaps you could rent a car and head towards some of the white hill towns. This would require a full day vs. a half day. Agree with you on Gib...once you have seen it and toured it there are not many reasons to return.

Thanks for your reply. With limited time, we have limited alternatives, and at the moment I am a bit stuck for ideas!!! Just want to make the visit slightly different? We will be visiting the white hill towns from Cadiz on this trip.

Thanks again for your input.

Archived