What food and drink is complementary on the Oceana please?

Jo and Rob

We have never travelled with P and O before and would like to know about the food and drink that is included. Please could you tell me where we can eat and drink (apart from the Main Dining Room) without paying a surcharge.

My children would like to know if they can get free self serve ice-cream (available on Royal Caribbean by the pool and Costa in the buffet), I would like to know if there are snacks, sandwiches, cakes and coffee available. Any information would be much appreciated as we would like to get the most out of the Oceana without having to pay for any extras.

I would also like to know about the room service. What hours is it complementary and what sort of food and drink is available?

Tea & coffee making facilities are in your cabin, also with biscuits topped up twice daily.

The main restaurants are open for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner.

The self service restaurant, the Plaza, is open virtually 24hrs and you can go in there anytime for just a snack or a full meal.

Cafe Jardin is available for a lighter menu but becomes a chargeable restaurant in the evening.

Room service is available 24hours, most complementary but some items have a small charge.

For more details see this link for Oceana cabin guide. Room service menu on p14

https://ask.pocruises.com/resources/carnivaluk/fleet/CSDOceana

No free ice cream all day like RC but it is free for around 30 mins in the morning but not well publicised.

Brian

There aren't quite so many free drinks on P&O as RCI but the bar prices are really pretty cheap - my son can never manage a large fizzy drink so he usually has a small mixer can which is about 75p. You can get juice from the machines in the buffet until the end of breakfast service (usually 11am ish or later).

Plenty of snack geneally on P&O and you'll never go hungry! The children's tea at 5pm ish is really good (even if it is just a snack before dinner in the main dining room)

Which Oceana sailing are you on? We are travelling on Oceana in the Easter Holidays. I found your Costa review on the other board very reassuring and we are trying them out in October:D

Hi Jo and Rob,

I haven't been on Oceana; Just Ventura so far, after previously sailing with Princess. It was more similar to Princess than dissimilar.

Room service was excellent and I would expect it to be similar on all P&O ships. One evening when we couldn't be bothered to go out, we had a 3 course meal on our balcony followed by cheese and biscuits and I think we only paid £1.75 for the cheese! We tipped well for it. Drinks are very reasonable. You can buy house wine by the half/full carafe, but bottles are a very good price.

You have certainly got the cruise bug, looking at your signature, since your first memorable cruise on the Crown. :D

Thank you for this post it's very useful to me too as I'm going on my first P&O cruise in May.

Can you tell us how do we find out about the free ice cream *drools* :)

When we went on our one & only cruise (so far!) on FO Black Watch we were able to order packed lunches for the next day, which were free & even contained a cold drink! It seems that this isn't an option on P&O so to keep costs down we've thought about ordering room service sandwiches& goodies in the late evening & taking them out with us the next when we are in port. We've even thought about taking sandwich bags to put them in!!! Would the sandwiches fit in the fridge in our room?

Anyone ever done this? We might even take some big bottles of coke with us....

We don't want to have to buy food in Norway as we know its sooooo expensive there!

When we went on our one & only cruise (so far!) on FO Black Watch we were able to order packed lunches for the next day, which were free & even contained a cold drink! It seems that this isn't an option on P&O so to keep costs down we've thought about ordering room service sandwiches& goodies in the late evening & taking them out with us the next when we are in port. We've even thought about taking sandwich bags to put them in!!! Would the sandwiches fit in the fridge in our room?

We don't want to have to buy food in Norway as we know its sooooo expensive there!

We usually nip back onboard for lunch then get off again. If you're on a day trip excursion, I think lunch is usually included.

.......... so to keep costs down we've thought about ordering room service sandwiches& goodies in the late evening & taking them out with us the next when we are in port. We've even thought about taking sandwich bags to put them in!!! Would the sandwiches fit in the fridge in our room?

It's not something we have ever considered doing. How would you keep it cool and therefore safe once ashore?

To keep the food cool should be no problem.

I can take a little cool bag- plus we're going to Norway at the very start of May so we're not expecting the weather to be hot ;)

When we got our packed lunch from Black Watch the sandwiches were in cotainers like if we'd bought them from M&S.

Can you order coffee from room service even though there is a kettle in your room? Can the children order milk all day?

Does anyone have a room service menu?

Also from a coffee point of view is it available all day in the buffet?

Can you order coffee from room service even though there is a kettle in your room? Can the children order milk all day?

Does anyone have a room service menu?

Also from a coffee point of view is it available all day in the buffet?

Room service menu in Oceana cabin directory here

https://ask.pocruises.com/resources/carnivaluk/fleet/CSDOceana

Tea/coffee is available 24/7 from machines in buffet.

Milk on board may not always be fresh but longlife. You may be best getting some ashore and keeping in your fridge.

Brian

Archived