Oasis Pre-Christmas 5 day Cruise Review...Kids & Food :)

Day 4 began by sleeping in until 8am and then breakfast at Johnny Rockets.

Yes, they ordered Hot Chocolate for breakfast.

1135816020_rXBdv-M.jpg

Seeing as we were already on the Boardwalk, we headed up to the rock climbing wall. I forgot my daughter's Sea Pass card in the room, so I had to resign a waiver for her to climb. It was pretty basic though. She ended up only going halfway, but I was proud that she at least tried!

1135820316_ShLmk-M.jpg

They also had the family Pirate Party on the Boardwalk, with some more games for the kiddos.

1135820599_acCxy-M.jpg

1135821830_HVtmt-M.jpg

OK more to come after karate class... ;)

When we finished the Pirate Party, the Splish Spash show in the Aquatheater was just starting. Now, I have read some people's reviews saying that the Boardwalk area was basically a waste of space and they hardly ever went there. BUT if you have kids, like us, this is where you will be all the time. Between the carousel, Pets at Sea, the candy store, the donut shop, the climbing wall, the family parties, and the Aquatheater- it was quite a popular place! We ended up going up to one of the public decks in the aft to watch the dive show. It was pretty cute and it was nice to not worry about whether or not we had reservations for once!

1135825637_GEVGG-M.jpg

1135826576_Rq6gS-M.jpg

1135827671_pmtBH-M.jpg

1135829036_nF5Ri-M.jpg

Before heading to dinner, we fit in 9 holes of putt-putt. :)

1135836272_sYerM-M.jpg

Finally lobster night! I know, I know...cruise ship lobster is not the best piece of seafood out there. However, cruise ship lobster is better than no lobster at all! ;)

1135836731_hZMu5-M.jpg

Yummy dessert too!

1135829870_JHZh5-M.jpg

Our awesome waitress had us out of dinner again by 7:15 pm so we could make it to Cupcake Cupboard for the girls' decorating class. This was I think $13, which is pricey for the whole 20 minutes they spent in there. However, it was a fun way to end the evening together. Plus, they just wanted to head up to AO anyway...something about making snow in Science Lab.

p.s. The cupcakes looked much better than they tasted!

1135838222_5ZWXM-M.jpg

1135812623_5XYUY-M.jpg

1135813578_GVpve-M.jpg

I am not sure because we didn't go see that show. Maybe someone else from our sailing can tell you. We only had 5 days, so we weren't able to see everything!

The Headliner was a "Beatles" group called Revolution. They sounded so much like them! All the entertainment was great! Don't miss Hairspray.......

That looked like an amazing family vacation and reminded us of our time at sea some 6 years ago! Like mentioned before, thank you sooooo much for sharing your pictures and explaining whats fun for you as we too are even more excited for our cruise this year!

You have a good looking family and God Bless :)

Thanks so much for your great review! I can't wait to go!!! I have a question though, was the cupcake decorating class just for kids? Did they have an adult version? Thanks again!

Yes there is a class for 12 yrs and younger and a class for teens/adults.

We have been to Nassau on previous cruises, so we didn't plan on spending much time in port. I was basically looking for my traditional charm for my bracelet and dh wanted a rum cake. We ended up getting more freebie charms for the girls from DI and necklaces from Effe (I think that's what it was called).

Oasis in port next to Enchantment of the Seas

1135860933_RFhjU-M.jpg

Atlantis in the distance

1135867899_9XQMx-M.jpg

1135866636_8Zw7u-M.jpg

Some window shopping :D

1135864364_KWavp-M.jpg

We spent the afternoon doing some last minute wandering around. We finally found the Viking Crown Lounge. They had a great view of the pool deck!

1135869210_GLUyT-M.jpg

I have been on Enchantment, so it was crazy to be looking DOWN onto their pool deck!

1135870070_skmJX-M.jpg

Before dinner DH finally went on the Flowrider. It was his first time, so I will just let the pictures do the talking. :cool:

1135874162_ckVLg-M.jpg

1135853152_QAWsk-M.jpg

1135853423_zUHiy-M.jpg

As we were getting ready to head to dinner from the Royal Promenade, we noticed a woman doing face painting. If you have kids, you know there is no getting out of face painting...even when you remind them how itchy and "complain-y" it makes them later. ;)

1135856582_ppRqf-M.jpg

While they were doing that, I snuck upstairs to put in the order for my book. If you want to order the hardcover digital scrapbook ($99), you have to get it put together before 6pm the last evening. It was ready to pick up after 10pm. I thought that was pretty darn quick turnaround! If you didn't see my other thread about this book, here's a couple pics.

The cover- I loved that it said Inaugural Season

1140966726_qm4yR-M.jpg

1140966969_dbFVd-M.jpg

1140968029_qRoRz-M.jpg

My daughter's steak- Wasn't sure why it needed a sauce on it...

1135856985_wuvSh-M.jpg

My steak- the mushroom was good!

1135857317_QPXcm-M.jpg

My friend's dinner- turkey I believe

1135857654_eL8Ba-M.jpg

1135858221_HrJ94-M.jpg

1135858571_pMSR2-M.jpg

1135858878_A68xv-M.jpg

After dinner we did a Trivia Game in the Schooner Bar, while the girls were in the Kids' Club for the last time. We were going to go back and put our luggage out, but we decided to skip breakfast and just disembark early. We were tired and although we didn't really want to leave, I didn't want to torture myself by sticking around. haha So, we threw out our luggage tags, kept our stuff, and we were off the boat the next morning by 7:30am. It was pretty simple...just walked off and right through customs. 4 hours later we were picking up our Schnauzer and headed home for a nap! I am already looking forward to next year!!

Thank you for the wonderful review and pictures! I'm like you, take pictures of my food before eating it. Hubby is so used to it that he pushes everything aside and positions his plate for me ...:D

Your pictures are very clear, may I ask what camera you use?

Thanks again for sharing! Glad to hear you had an amazing time! Our sailing is on Feb 26th, can't wait!

Thank you for the wonderful review and pictures! I'm like you, take pictures of my food before eating it. Hubby is so used to it that he pushes everything aside and positions his plate for me ...:D

Your pictures are very clear, may I ask what camera you use?

Thanks again for sharing! Glad to hear you had an amazing time! Our sailing is on Feb 26th, can't wait!

I have a Sony Digital SLR a-300. Works great!

Archived