Dolphin Cove/Dunns River Falls???

jacksmom09

Anyone done this tour?? We are considering it for our April cruise! :confused:Don't see much of interest in Jamaica!:rolleyes: Would love any ideas or suggestions for 2 adults and a ds (14)!:D

I did that excursion on the Carnival Freedom. Dolphin Cove was first. I only went snorkeling here. We spent about 45 minutes in the water. After snorkeling, I was really hungry, and there was a guy cooking jerk chicken onsite, and tables and chairs were available. I think I paid around $12 (including tip) for my meal with a drink, so it was pretty cheap. Lots of gift shops are there and you can also buy bottles of local alcohol here. Dolphin Cove also has animals that you can see and take pictures with. I got a picture with a HUGE iguana on my shoulder. Snakes were also onsite somewhere, but I didn't make it to see those for lack of time. Of course, they have dolphin swims, but there is also a shark encounter where you can swim with sharks. I did this in St. Thomas and it was pretty thrilling.

Shuttle buses run about every 15 minutes from Dolphin Cove to DRF or back to the ship. I joined in on a tour that started almost immediately after I arrived. It seems the tours start pretty often. The climb to the top takes about an hour. Be sure to bring water shoes or else you will have to buy or rent some. They do have lockers for rent, so be sure to have some small bills for that. Also, don't forget a waterproof camera! A lot of people didn't bring one, so I took pictures for them and emailed them after the cruise.

I really enjoyed this tour. I think you would too and I would recommend it!

• 2 months later...
I did that excursion on the Carnival Freedom. Dolphin Cove was first. I only went snorkeling here. We spent about 45 minutes in the water. After snorkeling, I was really hungry, and there was a guy cooking jerk chicken onsite, and tables and chairs were available. I think I paid around $12 (including tip) for my meal with a drink, so it was pretty cheap. Lots of gift shops are there and you can also buy bottles of local alcohol here. Dolphin Cove also has animals that you can see and take pictures with. I got a picture with a HUGE iguana on my shoulder. Snakes were also onsite somewhere, but I didn't make it to see those for lack of time. Of course, they have dolphin swims, but there is also a shark encounter where you can swim with sharks. I did this in St. Thomas and it was pretty thrilling.

Shuttle buses run about every 15 minutes from Dolphin Cove to DRF or back to the ship. I joined in on a tour that started almost immediately after I arrived. It seems the tours start pretty often. The climb to the top takes about an hour. Be sure to bring water shoes or else you will have to buy or rent some. They do have lockers for rent, so be sure to have some small bills for that. Also, don't forget a waterproof camera! A lot of people didn't bring one, so I took pictures for them and emailed them after the cruise.

I really enjoyed this tour. I think you would too and I would recommend it!

So you have an option to stay longer at dolphin cove if you want? your not with a group that has to stay together?

Archived