Default Disney Magic cruise - western med in June 2011

marklelralph

Sorry for the repost, I posted originally in the wrong forum and dont know how to delete, eek!

I'm new, so I apologise if I'm not doing this correctly. We are cruising from Barcelona in June on the Disney Magic with our 3 year. We've never cruised before and with a toddler, it opens up all types of anxieties for me. I just wondered if there were any other parents out there who could give me some tips/pointers or do's/donts? This cruise is purely for our Daughter who has had a rough first 3 years of life, so we are all about making this the most enjoyable experience for her.

Are there better places/times to eat with a toddler? Do you happen to know how soon you can get on the ship in Barcelona? I read somewhere from 10:30 but that seems awfully early? and how soon you can get into your room? (I know luggage comes up later).

I have an endless amount of questions but I'll leave it there for now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

Sorry for the repost, I posted originally in the wrong forum and dont know how to delete, eek!

I'm new, so I apologise if I'm not doing this correctly. We are cruising from Barcelona in June on the Disney Magic with our 3 year. We've never cruised before and with a toddler, it opens up all types of anxieties for me. I just wondered if there were any other parents out there who could give me some tips/pointers or do's/donts? This cruise is purely for our Daughter who has had a rough first 3 years of life, so we are all about making this the most enjoyable experience for her.

Are there better places/times to eat with a toddler? Do you happen to know how soon you can get on the ship in Barcelona? I read somewhere from 10:30 but that seems awfully early? and how soon you can get into your room? (I know luggage comes up later).

I have an endless amount of questions but I'll leave it there for now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I tried to post a reply to your first post but the computer ate it up.

Anyway, welcome to Cruising and Cruise Critic -- both wonderfully addictive.

Here is the link to your roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1309071

If this is not the date you are sailing you can check under Roll Calls for your correct date.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise.

Kathy:)

Are there better places/times to eat with a toddler? There are fast food options on the pool deck (9). However, while I haven't traveled with young children, I understand that the servers do tend to make a fuss over the young children in the dining room for dinner. Most people with young children ususally have the early seating, but if you are on the late seating they have the option of the kids club coming in partway through dinner and taking the children to the clubs and the parents can enjoy some "alone time" to finish.

Do you happen to know how soon you can get on the ship in Barcelona? I read somewhere from 10:30 but that seems awfully early? They might start checking people in about 10:30, you will receive a boarding number and when boarding starts (sometime after that) you will go onboard in order. There's lots to do when you board, you can go eat, be sure to have swim suits in your carry on and you can go to the pool area, if you wish, or just look around the ship and get familiar.

and how soon you can get into your room? (I know luggage comes up later). Access to your room is available after 1:30.

See answers in red

:)

Archived