Just booked for February cruise!

Dee777

Hello!

We just booked our cruise for February 12, Eastern Caribbean Carnival Glory, and are very excited! This will be our 3rd cruise. I have never before done this myself, so am somewhat befuddled when it comes to choosing what part of Miami I should reserve a hotel for the night prior to departure. I gather that the closest area to the port is downtown Miami, but am looking for a hotel or motel that isn't going to cost the moon. We will be requiring 3 rooms as there are others traveling with us who are on a budget. Any recommendations?

Thank you in advance!

Dee

If it is just one night, flying into MIA, you are on a budget, and only want a clean room and dinner before your cruise, then follow the above advice and book in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA. Hotels include Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites and others; start shopping now as Feb. prices in south FLA are high! :eek: Blue Lagoon area hotels offer free airport shuttles, are within walking distance (across the street from the Hampton Inn) of a local strip mall with grocery, drug and liquor stores :D, and have several nearby fast-food and dining options (try Casa Juan for great and inexpensive Cuban food :cool:).

Most hotels can arrange for shuttle service to POM for about $10 per person, or you can cab it for under $30 (including tip) - with 6 + bags you'll need two cabs, so the price is a wash either way. A taxi back to MIA from POM after your cruise will be a flat rate of $24+tip. ;)

If you are flying into FLL then ignore everything above. Good luck! :)

Archived