MDR questions

B_Mc

We're hoping to make the most of the MDR with our DS but I have a few logistic questions that will probably seem rude, but I hope other parents will understand! We're on RCI Navigator, if that makes a difference.

How early does the MDR open for the first seating? Is it right at 6pm or can you be seated as early as 5:40, for example?

Do they make any effort to sit kids/families in the same area?

Do you wait for all of your table mates to arrive before ordering? It seems horribly rude to order without them, but with a LO we don't want to waste that precious "good behavior" time waiting for someone who isn't coming/is very late, etc...

Thank you!

If your dining time is 6pm, the doors to the dining room won't open until 6pm.

The wait staff usually wait until all have been seated at the table before taking orders. This is why it is rude to arrive late, making your tablemates wait. But you can request they take the order for your child and bring it quickly. They will quickly get to know your routine, and often have something ready to place in front of him as soon as you are seated...Fruit, veggies, crackers, etc. EM

Have you checked out Royals My family Time Dinning. We are trying it for our April cruise.

The main dining room offers My Family Time Dining SM with expedited dining and Adventure Ocean pick-up service (see details below), to keep the whole family happy and satisfied during your meals. With our expedited dining service your kids (ages 3 to 11) will be served their meals within 40 minutes, and their appetizers get served right away.

you can search thier website for more details.

If my son is not ready to go up to AO then when he is one of us will take him upstairs and then back to dinner.

Most folks will be lined up, waiting to get into the dining room....the entire table will most likely be seated within 10-15 mins. And, yes...your waitstaff can go ahead and bring something for the little one to keep them busy. You will most likely be seated with other families...they try not to sit childless couples with families with kids!

If your tablemates ARE late, go ahead and order...it's not rude of you...it's rude of THEM!

Have you checked out Royals My family Time Dinning. We are trying it for our April cruise.

The main dining room offers My Family Time Dining SM with expedited dining and Adventure Ocean pick-up service (see details below), to keep the whole family happy and satisfied during your meals. With our expedited dining service your kids (ages 3 to 11) will be served their meals within 40 minutes, and their appetizers get served right away.

you can search thier website for more details.

If my son is not ready to go up to AO then when he is one of us will take him upstairs and then back to dinner.

Thanks for the tip, but DS is not old enough!

Most folks will be lined up, waiting to get into the dining room....the entire table will most likely be seated within 10-15 mins. And, yes...your waitstaff can go ahead and bring something for the little one to keep them busy. You will most likely be seated with other families...they try not to sit childless couples with families with kids!

If your tablemates ARE late, go ahead and order...it's not rude of you...it's rude of THEM!

Yay! I really hope this goes smoothly for us...

DD has been cruising since she was 2 1/2. I've never had a problem NOT getting her food asap. In fact the waiters will usually have her appetizer (fruit plate) ready to go the minute she sits down. They help keep the food moving in front of the little ones. In fact I used to take some toys for her to play with during dinner if she finished before we did. Also 90% of the time when we cruise as a family of 3 we are at a table by ourselves.

Archived