Hairdryers??

pgphoto

It all depends on how you use your hairdryer. If you use it simply to dry your hair, then style with other appliances, it should be fine. I have short hair and use my dryer with a directional nozzle to style my hair, so I learned after our first cruise to bring my own.

Salon quality hair dryers? I haven't heard that description before. I found the hairdryer on the Oosterdam to be pretty cheap, travel quality. It was ok, but it did overheat once after I used it and my husband had to wait for it to cool down before he could use it. And my hair is fine and barely hits my shoulders, so it wasn't as though I had been using it for terribly long. Still, it beats having to pack my dryer.

One less thing for me to pack is always a good idea. I always use the one in the cabin no matter that it might be not quite as good as the one I have at home. Sometimes it actually surprises me and it's BETTER than the one I use at home every morning.

The hairdryers on the Westerdam and Veendam weren't as powerful as what I have at home but they did the job just fine for both my DH and me. I wouldn't hesitate to leave my dryer at home when going on a HAL ship.:)

Can't say the same for Princess and Carnival ships, though. The ones we've found on those lines have been much weaker. :rolleyes:

Just back from a wonderful cruise on the Zaandam. There was a built in hairdryer in the bathroom, but I asked the steward for an additional one for the vanity in the room. Much easier to dry hair there so another could use bathroom. I wouldn't bother bringing one from home. In fact, I brought more than I needed thinking I was being cautious just in case. Won't bring the magnets or clips for curtains again, but do suggest a clock.

Archived