First family cruise - have many questions...

Our first family cruise will be on the Allure in March. I have been reading these boards as much as possible in the last few months and have gathered great tips, yet still have questions. I'd appreciate any advice you have. The kids are ages 7 & 10. We have our dining covered and the shows reserved. Next we have to start thinking about excursions.

1 - how/where/when do you book the character breakfasts?

2 - how/when/where do you book the cupcake decorating class?

3 - I know I can't bring an iron, but can I bring a garment steamer that looks more like a wand in shape?

4 - Anyone know of good 2-way radios for this size ship?

I'm sure I have other questions but this is my first post so I'll take it slow.

thanks!

You can certainly book those things as soon as you embark.

I have brought steamers onboard w/o issue.

We tried 2 way radios & weren't happy with them--I would be curious to hear other's opinions on this.

We sail on January 16th and booked the Character breakfasts last week. I believe they are on days 2, 4, and 7. Cupcake decorating was available to book online as well.

I've used the standard walkie talkies years ago (like 8 years) and they worked fine. But ships were smaller then with less people.

Never brought a steamer, I bring the Downy "spray and tug". Just mist the garment while it's laying on the bed, pull tight then smooth. Good as new...

1 - how/where/when do you book the character breakfasts?

Book the breakfast once onboard. call from your cabin. number will be on the phone.

2 - how/when/where do you book the cupcake decorating class?

didn't do this..but guessing cupcake shop on promenade right when you walk in is a good bet.

3 - I know I can't bring an iron, but can I bring a garment steamer that looks more like a wand in shape?

I brought a steamer, no problem!

4 - Anyone know of good 2-way radios for this size ship?

I searched amazon and read reviews and was 90% happy with what we took. but they are stored now..not sure what they were. i'll get back to you.

Archived