Weather in May

illiniwahoo

We're looking at a May 13th 10 day cruise of the Greek Islands. I've searched a lot on the web, but I'm looking for a personal answer. Will it be warm enough to get in the water mid-may? I'm not looking to swim all day, but would hate to look at the beautiful blue water and not get in it for at least a little while! We could cruise June 3rd for ~$500 more (cruise and airfare both higher), but it doesn't work quite as well for our work schedules. But if I'm spending this much, I want to enjoy it!

It's Spring so no way to know what kind of weather you'll get. Certainly a chance for rain and cool temps. We did a 7 day cruise from Venice May 22 last yr; it was high 70's low 80's at the ports and sunshine every day. The only place I saw people swim was in Katakalon, Greece; there was a small beach near the pier. There were about 20 people from our ship in the water having a great time; they had stumbled upon the beach then went back to the ship to change into swimwear. I thought it was a bit cool but obviously it was comfortable once you got in. We just sat on the shore and enjoyed the sun.

Our table mates had been on the ship for the previous week and said it was raining and cool most of the trip. You just never know. I sure wouldn't pay $500 more for a later cruise. You're packing your bathing suit anyway; so regardless of the temperature just go for a quick swim! Live on the wild side!

Archived