Paradise: Upgrade?

izmeeh

"Want to make your upcoming Carnival Cruise even better? We'd like to invite you to upgrade your current interior stateroom to one with an ocean view for only $40 per cabin"

I chose mid-ship Upper instead of Empress due to the concerns about noise and stuff. I booked under the 1-2-3 Go! for $279 pp (ES was $224). OceanView was $319 under the 1-2-3 Go! promotion ($269 for ES). I was really considering PT since it was so cheap and some people on here said they had great experience with it. (Lower than $224 I think)

I know it's only $40, but is it worth it? I know I ask a lot of questions for this particular cruise, but this is my very first cruise with my mom. I'm trying to be as prepared as possible. Thank you.

yeah i'd take that upgrade. the room will be the same size, but the window and light make a lot of difference. worth 40 bucks to me...

it's your first cruise and you're clearly excited about it - wouldn't it be COOL to see the ocean from your ROOM?! :D

"Want to make your upcoming Carnival Cruise even better? We'd like to invite you to upgrade your current interior stateroom to one with an ocean view for only $40 per cabin"

I chose mid-ship Upper instead of Empress due to the concerns about noise and stuff. I booked under the 1-2-3 Go! for $279 pp (ES was $224). OceanView was $319 under the 1-2-3 Go! promotion ($269 for ES). I was really considering PT since it was so cheap and some people on here said they had great experience with it. (Lower than $224 I think)

I know it's only $40, but is it worth it? I know I ask a lot of questions for this particular cruise, but this is my very first cruise with my mom. I'm trying to be as prepared as possible. Thank you.

I would also go for the upgrade. I love looking out my stateroom window in the early morning hours, you never know what you might see. Are you on the 3 or 4 day cruise? I always have a good time on the Paradise. Try the Mac n Cheese at the Rotisserie area...I think it's YUMMY!!! If you are still awake you could call Carnival tonight. I think they are open 24/7. I hope you and your mom have a wonderful cruise together! :)

Thank you all. You guys are awesome. I'm going on the 4 day cruise. Can't wait.

Edit: Just called Carnival. The department I need to reach for the upgrade is closed. I guess I will have to call them tomorrow. :)

What deck will the ov cabin be on? You were careful to pick midship interior on Upper Deck for more money than a porthole cabin (which can be on Riveria, Main, Upper or Empress) - be careful of the location of the ov you are paying even more for. A bad location with a view may not be "better" than what you already have. :)

I don't know that I would pay more to be on Riveria aft, for instance.

Have the deck plans from Carnival's website (or cruisedeckplans) in front of you when you call, so you can check out what they are offering. Check what is on the deck above and below the cabin(s) they are offering you.

On Fantasy class ships, I like Upper, Main, and Empress Decks (in that order) from the front set of stairs/elevators and forward up to and including the first few porthole cabins, but that's just me. You made a good selection when you picked your interior cabin, so if the ov cabin is not where you would have been happy with an interior cabin, perhaps you are not better off paying more to move.

Whatever you decide, have a great time on your cruise!:)

I don't know what deck until I call. What deck(s) shouldn't I be on? Where should I avoid? What are some recommended locations?

Some people don't like being on Riviera deck, for different reasons (don't like being close to the water, still thinking of the upper & lower class systems of the old days which doesn't apply anymore, or they don't like having to always use elevators instead of using stairs more often). But if none of those things bother you, Riviera is fine. Upper is my favorite on that class of ship. On Empress, you just have to check out what is above you; it won't be rooms, so you need to be careful. There's not too much to worry about on the level above Empress though. I was on Empress on a sister ship, under the aft dining room, and it was very quiet at night and in the morning. If you have a tendered port, the forward rooms on the lower decks will hear the anchor dropping. Forward or aft rooms will feel more movement of the ship. So when you hear what room they're offering, keep these issues in mind, if they are of any concern to you.

Thank you. I had quite a few choices. Now, it's 6D on Upper (near the first or second elevator) vs. 6E on Empress (between the first and second elevator, underneath the Elation dining room). Both seem to be pretty good locations.

Thank you. I had quite a few choices. Now, it's 6D on Upper (near the first or second elevator) vs. 6E on Empress (between the first and second elevator, underneath the Elation dining room). Both seem to be pretty good locations.

I'd pick the 6D, but either would be okay!

Archived