Caye Caulker-need The Good And The Bad!!

lilmsonry

Help CC readers!! Can you please tell me what Caye Caulker is like? Need to know about beach, restaurant, potty breaks, shopping, and general info..I don't know much about it so far. What I do know is we are going there with Coral Breeze Limited 9/8/05. We are a family of 5, kids 16, 11, and 10....Would like the good and the bad!!:eek:

Was there a couple of weeks ago with Coral Breeze. I found it quite charming. We walked down the streets and went into a few shops. The people don't beg you to buy stuff like some places do. We bought some great banannas. The view is awesome. We may return someday and spend a few days there. You will like it.

Help CC readers!! Can you please tell me what Caye Caulker is like? Need to know about beach, restaurant, potty breaks, shopping, and general info..I don't know much about it so far. What I do know is we are going there with Coral Breeze Limited 9/8/05. We are a family of 5, kids 16, 11, and 10....Would like the good and the bad!!:eek:

If going with Coral Breeze...they meet at the Wet Lizard, when getting off tender it's to your left down at the end of the pier, they will send you instructions, but you can see it as soon as you get off tender. When you get there, we sat at tables on pier in shade until rest of group arrived. There is a nice bathroom about 10 ft away...just ask. After everyone gets there, you pay and then get on the boat. They size you for snorkel gear. All the seats are padded and very comfortable. Make sure you bring underwater cameras. You have about a 45 min ride to Caye Caulker Island and that's when they take your lunch order (make sure you get the lunch deal, it's well worth it). When you get there, there's another bathroom break. Then you get back on the boat and they head out about 2-3 miles to the Coral Gardens. Some of the crew get in the water with you and help everyone that needs it. One of them will guide you through the corals, while one guide swims at the rear of the single-file line. It's wonderful and the crew makes sure your safe at all times. Their stingrays there too. Then back on the boat and onto Shark/Ray alley. The engines attrack the rays and sharks as that sounds means feeding time...the crew gives them sardines or squid and you'll see bunches of them. They are all harmless....the crew will even catch a ray for you to hold or feed if you tell them. After that, they head back to Caye Caulker where you lunch is ready. You eat at this nice little restaurant and have another bathroom break if you want. After that you can explore the island. We rented a golf cart for $10, so we could cover more ground in less time, which worked great, as we got to shop and tour the island. The golf cart fits 2 in front and two in back, but if you kids are small, you can probably get three in back. Then they take you back to Belize (45 min ride) and we got back in plenty of time to shop the small mall...I think we had about an hour before our tender left back to the ship. It was a wonderful experience and would do it again in a heartbeat. Have Fun and Enjoy....wish I were going again! If you have any questions, let me know.

Sandlamb@aol.com

Sandlamb was very accurate. We just did this with Coral Breeze on 2/24. I loved Caye Caulker- very much like you imagine a little Carribbean fishing village to be- picturesque and sedate etc. No one is aggressive, the restaurant had good food etc. Wish I had seen the golf cart rentals but my 3.5yr old and I walked about 15-20min down the main street and back which was really nice.

I too hope to go back to Belize for a vacation now. It was THAT nice.

Archived