Dream E. Mids Delay

According to Thomsons, the departure from E. Mids tomorrow is due to Operational difficulties. Having looked at various flight trackers, the aircraft we are due to fly on G-OBYJ is just departing from Birmingham to Dom. Rep. then back to Birmingham. Looks like Thomsons have no difficulties, we just lose half a day of our holiday :(

I know we don't go til march but we have had to book a hotel and a taxi to the airport so I really do hope all these delays will be sorted out then. I'm keeping positive about the ship, that WILL be sorted and I'm going to enjoy it.(I hope):rolleyes:

Hi burghfieldcruise - thanks for starting new thread on this - I'm new to posting on the forum although I've been following threads about Dream with interest as we're flying out to join The Dream tomorrow (we hope!!). I got a phone call from my local Thomson TA that we booked the cruise with at 5 pm this afternoon informing me about the 9 hour delay on the East Midlands to Havana flight tomorrow 6 Jan. :(. He told me it was due to 'a backlog of flights at EMA', which on looking at EMA's website, is untrue. Oh well, after discussing it with the friend I'm travelling with, we agreed to stay positive. At least we knew this evening and did not have to endure 9 hours sitting at EMA....not the most exciting place to be. Luckily for us we live in Nottingham and have been able to re-arrange our lift to the airport. I feel sorry for others who may not find out in advance and turn up at 6 am tomorrow morning.

However, as you say, it's half a day lost off our holiday. It means arriving in Havana at midnight instead of late afternoon, maybe not getting onboard until the small hours, not getting suitcases until morning. I was 'dreaming' of a nice relaxed evening on the ship unpacking, getting to know the ship, a nice dinner.... . My local TA mentioned a 'free Highlights of Havana excursion' to compensate. Hmm......we'll see.

As I said on my other post, I'm not going on this cruise looking for faults but it's not a good start - at the moment, I'm maybe just prepared to think that it's down to sheer bad luck that Thomson have a problem with a plane meeting a ship with well documented problems. I reserve all judgement - my friend and I both need this holiday! We've been looking forward to it for months.

So, we're still looking forward to it with an open mind. It's 2 weeks in the sun after all. Let's hope we get there tomorrow. Wish us luck everyone!

Regards, Nicola.

Yes, i'm going with a positive attitude too. So long as the sun is shining and the beer is flowing I will be happy. I'll just have to make up for the lost time on Friday. They also offered us the Havana excursion but did not fancy sitting on a bus for half a day after arriving post midnight.

Might see you at the airport or on board. Happy cruising

Good luck Nicola and everyone else going tomorrow we will be be joining you all next week hopefully you're all smiling

Yes, good luck from me too - at least it's a delay (although disappointing and perhaps very inconvenient for some re travel arrangements) and not the cancellations of last week! :eek:

So positive thoughts - we'll be with you too jbis next week - all being well!!!

Have a great time all of you! :)

Yes, good luck from me too - at least it's a delay (although disappointing and perhaps very inconvenient for some re travel arrangements) and not the cancellations of last week! :eek:

So positive thoughts - we'll be with you too jbis next week - all being well!!!

Have a great time all of you! :)

Thanks kruzeeka. I totally agree that this is a small thing compared to last week's cancellations - I feel so sorry for those people who were cancelled at such short notice. When I took the phone call from Thomson TA this afternoon, I have to say, my heart nearly stopped! That's what I thought the phone call was!

See everyone else travelling from EMA tomorrow!

Nicola

Yes, i'm going with a positive attitude too. So long as the sun is shining and the beer is flowing I will be happy. I'll just have to make up for the lost time on Friday. They also offered us the Havana excursion but did not fancy sitting on a bus for half a day after arriving post midnight.

Might see you at the airport or on board. Happy cruising

Happy cruising to you too burghfield - I'm not into the idea of a 4 hour Havana excursion after a late arrival either. I'm hoping my friend and I will just potter around Havana Vieja by ourselves for a couple of hours after a late breakfast before we depart Havana. Get a real mojito - I'll need one by then! I'm hoping to wangle an alternative free excursion at another destination.....

Nicola

To everyone going on the Dream tomorrow, hope you have a great time, you all seem to be going with such a positive attitude that I know you will. One of the other threads is saying that they have been told that works are being carried out in Havana and that the cruise has been reschduled to fix the aircon.

It's only a 5 minute walk into Habana viejo from the port so you're right in the middle of things. For those of you whose first time it is in Havana - if you're after a cocktail - all the usual bars are great, but if you see a bar offering guarapo you really need to try it. It's fresh pressed sugar cane, and mixed with orange juice and rum it is absolutely lovely xx have one for me and Enjoy your trip.

To everyone going on the Dream tomorrow, hope you have a great time, you all seem to be going with such a positive attitude that I know you will. One of the other threads is saying that they have been told that works are being carried out in Havana and that the cruise has been reschduled to fix the aircon.

It's only a 5 minute walk into Habana viejo from the port so you're right in the middle of things. For those of you whose first time it is in Havana - if you're after a cocktail - all the usual bars are great, but if you see a bar offering guarapo you really need to try it. It's fresh pressed sugar cane, and mixed with orange juice and rum it is absolutely lovely xx have one for me and Enjoy your trip.

Thanks Janflan! The guarapo sounds fantastic :D!! I love rum cocktails, not heard of that one. So right now, my only concern is that I have enough time in Havana to get onshore however briefly, change money into Cuban pesos, hit the nearest bar....!!

And to jbis above, hope your journey to join Dream next week goes smoothly. Yes, and I very much hope we will still all be smiling :) when you join the party!!

Nicola.

Archived