Insurance

Suebiker

Hi there

Just sorting out our travel insurance for our next cruise and I was just wondering how much medical cover do you think is necessary.

Mainly I am thinking about the cost of being flown of a ship or something similar. (not that I'm planning it or anything!!!!!!!) But just wondering how much cover do you really need in the worst case scenario!!!!

Thanks

Sue

Hi there

Just sorting out our travel insurance for our next cruise and I was just wondering how much medical cover do you think is necessary.

Mainly I am thinking about the cost of being flown of a ship or something similar. (not that I'm planning it or anything!!!!!!!) But just wondering how much cover do you really need in the worst case scenario!!!!

Thanks

Sue

Are you perfectly fit with no problems at all and a huge bank balance?

You only need minimum insurance.

On the other hand, a couple of years ago I was diagnosed with Angina. Two legs of a World Cruise cost me £1300.00 for Insurance. I came back fine :) My wife developed a shocking sore throat virus and it cost the Insurance company nearly £100.00 for medical treatment on board,

BUT,

a fortnight after flying home on a 14 hour flight from Singapore on the above cruise, I collapsed and a few days later had a Quadruple Heart By-Pass, which I was told cost the NHS £40,000.00.

:)

What does the future hold for you?

How much warning do you get with Appendicitis?

Are you perfectly fit with no problems at all and a huge bank balance?

You only need minimum insurance.

On the other hand, a couple of years ago I was diagnosed with Angina. Two legs of a World Cruise cost me £1300.00 for Insurance. I came back fine :) My wife developed a shocking sore throat virus and it cost the Insurance company nearly £100.00 for medical treatment on board,

BUT,

a fortnight after flying home on a 14 hour flight from Singapore on the above cruise, I collapsed and a few days later had a Quadruple Heart By-Pass, which I was told cost the NHS £40,000.00.

:)

What does the future hold for you?

How much warning do you get with Appendicitis?

No - my husband has got pre existing conditions and unfortunately we have not won the lottery!!!!!!

From the quotes I have has so far most companies seem to offer £5,000,000 or £10,000,000. this is for a 12 night cruise.

Not sure which to go for

I have not come across any companies which do unlimited cover. But to be honest I haven't researched much yet. Just wanted to get an idea of what cover to go for.

Sue

From the quotes I have has so far most companies seem to offer £5,000,000 or £10,000,000. this is for a 12 night cruise. Sue

I would have thought £5m would cover you bearing in mind it's normally £5m per person named on the policy.

The Americans completely rebuilt Steve Austin for six Million Dollars ;)

But that was in the 70's:D

I would have thought £5m would cover you bearing in mind it's normally £5m per person named on the policy.

The Americans completely rebuilt Steve Austin for six Million Dollars ;)

But that was in the 70's:D

LOL -Thanks for that -

That's what my husband said to go for. Just wanted reassurance really that it would be enough.

Thanks

Sue

The £5M limit should be more than enough cover, bearing in mind that the Canaries is covered by EU so if you are offloaded through illness you will be entitled to similar treatment that you would receive on the NHS. remember to take your European Healthcard that has replaced the E111.

Archived