Questions about the Legends Show

schultz

Our friends are joining us on their first cruise. There teenage daughter is a very talented singer. I told she should try out for the legends show. She is a little shy and I need more info to encourage her to try out. Does the cruise director staff decide what famous singer they want people to try out for or do people come along and choose themselves who they want to imitate. I love the shows but I truly haven't watched the tryouts before. I have seen Madonna, Brittney, Elvis & Garth Brooks & Frank Sinatra being performed. Anyone else lately? When are the tryouts and how much do they practice before the last night show? Anything else I shoudl tell her?

Try outs are at karaoke in the evenings during the week. I have now seen the Legends show on the Miracle and the Pride and the "Legends" have been the same. Check the Funtimes for who they will be auditioning for that night. They will do 2 or 3 on a given night.

Have you hang out in the kaorke .. cant spell it places where they sing. The staff will see her and encourage the good ones. People choose who they want to try out for. iv seen white black singers and a black frank sinatra. the songs and singers are cast in stone, so she will have to be one of the ones that are set up. Like madona is one. aretha franklin is another of the women. and britney

Our friends are joining us on their first cruise. There teenage daughter is a very talented singer. I told she should try out for the legends show. She is a little shy and I need more info to encourage her to try out. Does the cruise director staff decide what famous singer they want people to try out for or do people come along and choose themselves who they want to imitate. I love the shows but I truly haven't watched the tryouts before. I have seen Madonna, Brittney, Elvis & Garth Brooks & Frank Sinatra being performed. Anyone else lately? When are the tryouts and how much do they practice before the last night show? Anything else I shoudl tell her?

Our DD talked my DS (her brother) into trying out for Frank Sinatra right after we went to the all-you-can-drink past guest party. :eek: Walked into the karaoke place where the try-outs were, within minutes he was up on stage, blew the other fellas out of the water & won his slot for the Legends show as the Man himself. I think they were auditioning for all of the performers at that time. Watch for it in the FunTimes. She can try out for whoever she wants. They gave him an MP3 player to rehearse his song on his own, an instruction paper, and they met once the day of the show for rehearsal, costume fitting, etc. They also took an 8X10 group picture with all the performers and gave it to him along with a DVD of the show.

I had never been to the Legends show before, and probably never will again, but we sure enjoyed ourselves that night. Good luck to her... she must go for it! She'll likely never see any of those people again. Unless they show up at one of her performances one day. ;)

They do the auditions during karaoke and the audience votes. You choose who you want to audition for and can try out for more than one legend but can only perform as one.

On the Dream and I would think it would be shipwide, you must be 18 years old to participate. The participants when chosen are given a copy of the music and words which must be memorized. You cannot change the key of the music or choose the song.

Hope this helps.

Tina

I have been Gloria Estefan in the Legends show. It was fun! Got to see behind the scenes, meet some fun people, work with the ship's talent, rehearse and have a great time! It did take some time though. I had the MP3 player attached to my ear at the pool and beach for a day before the show LOL! And I am sure DH enjoyed being my " audience" listening to the same song over and over. Hanging out a Karaoke is one of the things I enjoy on the ship and every cruise has a different personality. I got a DVD, photo of my performance and DS got a real kick out of it when we got home

I performed as Brittany Spears in the Legends show once.. It was fun, as the previous poster said, i got to hang out with the dancers, and see behind the scenes. That being said, it was definitely a "one time" thing.. It does take a LOT of your time, between the rehearsal and costume fitting, and having to memorize the whole song! I was a nervous wreck from the day I got it, til the show, and I am usually not that nervous at Karaoke, but when you are performing in a costume with backup dancers in front of the WHOLE ship, its a lot of pressure! I also got the DVD and the photo with the dancers.. It was fun for the one time, but I will just enjoy the show from now on :)

It is fantastic if you get chosen. Also be careful as getting chosen is based upon Applause at the Karaoke Audition. So it can get stacked if someone has a large group with them.

I know when I was Elton John and my DW was Madonna, I was constantly introudeced all week by the KJ as "Your Sir Elton John" which was fun. My DW got to be Madonna on the day of the show as the person that won the audition backed out at the last minute. The KJ knew my DW had tried out so he asked her to fill in. She did great by the way.

I know the last cruise I was going to tryout for Frank, but it became obvouis after the first few auditions there was a Group onboard that was monopolizing the auditions. Everyone from their group was in the show. Kinda ruined it for me as the KJ was also a problem as it was his Final Cruise & he didnt really care & it showed. I am hoping on the next cruise it will be different.

Still would like to hear from anyone who has cruised the Conquest recently how Karoke is being done now since the converted the Degas lounge into a Comedy Club.

Archived