Whats the first thing you do?

User Error

We drop our carry on luggage in the cabin. This cruise is our first balcony, so we'll check it out and then head to the IC to have lunch - probably chicken salad. Then we'll head back to the cabin and hopefully our luggage has arrived and we can start to unpack. If it isn't there, we'll probably just sit on our balcony.

Darlene

This past cruise our cabin was not ready when we got to it, so we gladly went to the IC & then I bought my coffee card. Then when we made it back to the cabin, we sat out on the balcony ... aaaaahhhhh. This was our first Princess cruise, and we will be return guests. :)

Oh what good memories this thread brings forth. We generally - go out on the balcony take a look around from there - check to see if the egg crates haves been put on the beds-ring for the Steward ask him for robes and ice etal. Then go top side for a drink relax there till its time for the 'drill'. BVy the time thats over we are close to early dinner - we make an early night of it though and generally go back to our cabin to unpack and if weather permits sit on the balcony with "adult beverage" in hand. Oh I can hardly wait!!!

I like to be the first one into the cabin - make my travel companion(s) wait out in the corridor, only for a moment, so I can dig out my camera or camcorder and capture the moment as they get their very first look at the cabin.

Then dump the carry on bags, put valuables in the safe, take camera and cruise card and go out to eat, drink and explore. I don't even THINK about unpacking until after sailaway!

First - checkout the view from the balcony and watch the lugguage and supplies loaded - if we are on the right side. Second, (thanks to CC members who suggested this) - wipe down the room with Lysol or something like it - where people touch - door knob, faucets, telephones, remote etc. Third eat lunch at the MDR, the grill or Horizon. Then hopefully we unpack if bags have arrived. Then I go out and buy soda cards, make dinner reservations and explore the ship. By that time we arrive at muster about 15 minutes early. Then the sail way party, dinner at the MDR and the introductory show in the Princess Theater. Finally gambling and then a snack at Horizon. Then the medical people come and take us to our cabin - because we are not used to doing all this activity! (We have this down to a science!!)

love this thread...

I take pictures of my cabin in all it's undisturbed glory... (strategically placing my purse and carry on, so they don't make it into shots)

Then, (no balcony this time, otherwise that view would be next) after completely checking out the room, bed testing (this time I'm alone so I hope the beds are already together, normally have to request to have them separated) and checking our the bathroom and closet, I unpack whatever is around.

Then it's lunchtime, usually just the buffet is fine for me....

Then it depends on what time I board, what time muster is and what my travel itinerary was like...sometimes I nap a little, or explore the ship.

I make sure to get to Muster early, after that's done I relax.... for about 5 minutes and then I look to see every activity I want to do for the whole cruise...

After checking out our cabin we put down carry on's, fill the safe & hit the buffet! Then we walk around ship to get the lay of the land (or sea, LOL) & sign up for thermal suite. Then it is time for pizza or a burger and a loco coco! Then look at patter & plan the rest.

My friend and I go to the room and drop our carry-ons. Then it's up to the Horizon for some lunch. You have to start early to get in all the food! We then head back to our cabin and unpack (if suitcases have arrived). Whatever else we do, depends on what time we are able to board the ship.

My next cruise is still about 9 months away, and this thread is already getting me excited about that first day!

Tammy

Put valuables in safe. Wipe down the room with disinfectant wipes and spray. Call Chef's Table reservations. Check with room steward about extras we would like such as more towels, ice etc. Provide him/her an extra tip up front for his extra efforts. Put in refrig. any beverages we take on board. Head somewhere on ship for lunch/snack.

Drop off carry on luggage. Go to IC for lunch and some good coffee buy coffee card if needed. Then back to room unpack what has showed up as far as luggage. On to the balcony to relax and watch sail away with drink in hand an a rousing toast to no stress for the next 7 to 10 days....

Teri

We drop our carry on luggage in the cabin. This cruise is our first balcony, so we'll check it out and then head to the IC to have lunch - probably chicken salad. Then we'll head back to the cabin and hopefully our luggage has arrived and we can start to unpack. If it isn't there, we'll probably just sit on our balcony.

Darlene

You'll love the balcony. You may never be able to go back to anything less. That is absolutely what I love the most about a cruise. I love to go out and sit on the balcony first thing in the morning and just soak up the sun. There is nothing more peaceful in the world. You feel like you're the only person out on the entire ocean instead of on a ship with 3000 people. For our first cruise we actually went up to the top deck for sail away, but now we usually just do it from our balcony. Enjoy!!:)

1. Call DINE line for Chefs Table.

2. Grab a snack.

3. Get in the aft pool. (Usually one of the first in, especially if cruising from the UK. The next guests in can be 3 days later! It's not exactly FLL in Southampton).

We'll be in there asap too......Might do the Muster Drill whilst in the pool...he he

Glad everyone likes this thread....I just wondered what everyones immediate priorities are...

Oh...and what is Lysol?

We'll be in there asap too......Might do the Muster Drill whilst in the pool...he he

Glad everyone likes this thread....I just wondered what everyones immediate priorities are...

Oh...and what is Lysol?

Lysol is a brand of disinfectant which comes in liquid or aerosol and in wipes.

This will be our first cruise together but I imagine we will drop the carry-ons, put stuff in the safe, check out the balcony, get a drink and toast to no work/chores/kids/other responsibilities for the next week, call home one last time to check on mother and youngest kid then turn off the phone, wander around and check out the ship, get another drink and some lunch, muster drill, meet and greet at the Outrigger with another drink :D, unpack, relax on the balcony, dinner in the MDR, wander some more, see a show, gamble a tad, hang the coffe request card for the morning, back to the balcony then we'll crash,,,,,,,,,,,,in 23 days WOOOHOOO :D:D:D

Usually we try to drop the carryons off, check out the balcony and head for food. Our upcoming cruise in March from LA-FLL on the Island we are going to be calling the Dine Line to hopefully be able to do the Chef's Table and running up to the Sanctuary to reserve cruise-long loungers. We also try to unpack before the Muster drill if possible, but don't get cranked if we can't. We will have a glorious 15 days ahead of us!! Can't wait!!:)

• 3 months later...

Got this down to a science:

Board before noon.

Checkout the view from the balcony

Wipe down the cabin with Lysol or something similar (We started doing

this after reading CC threads on the subject)

Buy a soda card before lunch

Lunch in the Horizon Court or grill or MDR - most likely MDR

Make reservation at Speciality restaurant

Unpack if lugguage if available

Explore ship if we never been on it

Be at muster 15 to 20 minutes early

Usually we do all the things everyone has mentioned...check out the cabin, get something to eat, talk to the steward, etc. Last year we had to take

a red eye flight due to my DH work schedule so we just went to sleep

until we heard the bells for the muster drill. Went to the drill and then back

to sleep. I think we woke up for a few minutes on the balcony during sailaway from San Juan. Certainly don't remember much of that first day so we won't be taking a red eye again.:eek:

Archived