Beguia-??? on Amerisuites in Ft. Lauderdale

judyf

Amerisuites in St. Lauderdale, I got this hotel through priceline for before and after our cruise. It's the one on 1851 SE 10th Ave. I have a few questions I'm hoping the locals from this area can help me with! I posted this on the port board and no response and on CCL board and they sennt me to you!!!

We are flying into West Palm Beach Airport arriving at 12:00 midnight and renting a car and need to drive to Amerisuites. I got directions from map-quest and they're not that good. IMO. I've used map-quest many times before and I know that sometimes we know a much easier way to go!

Below is a brief description of the direction from mapquest.

some roads to

I 95

exit 27 turn right local roads (no names given)

turn left onto SR-842 W Broward

to E Broward to US 1 to SE 9th St.

to Cordova Rd.

to SE 10th ST.

Sounds confusing after I 95.

Does this make sense to those of you that know the area? Or is there an easier way?

Now for the questions.

I know it's about an hour drive. What route would you locals take at this time of day? I'm looking for the quickest easiest way for someone not familiar with the area and especially this time of the day. We won't be able to see street signs good so land marks would be helpful at this time of day.

Any comments on the hotel appreciated!

Also I will need to drive from the hotel to the Ft. Lauderdale airport to drop off the rental car in the morning, anyone have directions and or tips for this?

Doing the reverse after cruise. Is the Amerisuites in a good location to leave rental car parked while we do the water taxi and stuff in that area? If not where would be a good location to park?

Thanks in advance!

Amerisuites in St. Lauderdale, I got this hotel through priceline for before and after our cruise. It's the one on 1851 SE 10th Ave.

Now for the questions.

I know it's about an hour drive. What route would you locals take at this time of day? I'm looking for the quickest easiest way for someone not familiar with the area and especially this time of the day. We won't be able to see street signs good so land marks would be helpful at this time of day.

Any comments on the hotel appreciated!

Also I will need to drive from the hotel to the Ft. Lauderdale airport to drop off the rental car in the morning, anyone have directions and or tips for this?

Doing the reverse after cruise. Is the Amerisuites in a good location to leave rental car parked while we do the water taxi and stuff in that area? If not where would be a good location to park?

Thanks in advance!

The easiest way from PBI to FLL is this:

I95 South to:

595 East to:

US 1 North to:

17th Street/FL-A1A S (right turn off of US 1 approx a mile or so from 595) to

SE 10th (2nd right off of 17th street)

At that time of night should take you about 45 minutes.

From Amerisuites hotel to FLL airport, really easy:

17th Street West to:

US 1 South to:

Airport

That will take you all of 8-10 minutes

For the water taxi, if you leave the car at Amerisuites and walk to the Marriott Marina its about about a 15 minute walk, or you can drive the rental car there (2 minute drive) . The water taxi stops there and your all set for your adventure.

Your hotel is in a good area, enjoy our beautiful city. ;)

Thanks so much for the directions. Makes me feel much better hearing from someone who lives there.

Is there a charge to park at Marriott Marina to use the water taxi?

Thanks so much!

Hi Judy:) the walk from Amerisuites to the Marriott is not far. You could leave your car at your hotel and walk to the Marriott.

(I am staying at Amerisuites on March 11th:D )sailing March 12th.

I can't tell you if they charge you for parking at the Marriott but its free at Amerisuites:)

I would have no problem and would enjoy the walk. I cruise with my mother 67 and she wouldn't want to walk more then a few blocks, especially if it's hot. I will check it out when we get there.

Thanks for the tips.

Archived