Fares to San Juan

patterson3

I have a cruise planned for next month out of San Juan (Feb. 12th) and have been watching airfares for a few months and after watching them stay relatively stable (or increase in the case of American Airlines) I noticed that today JetBlue reduced their fares on many of the flights. For us (flying out of BOS) American and Jetblue are the only non-stop options. Unfortunately we previously booked our flight TO San Juan, but for our return flight American is charging $284 per person (+ taxes and fees)(for the only non-stop flight on our intended return date) and last week Jetblue was charging the same. But this morning I checked and the Jetblue flight is down to $124!!!...Personally I enjoy flying Jetblue much more anyway (because of the increased comfort, the TVs on the seatbacks and the lack of a checked-in luggage fee), so we'd probably pay more to fly Jetblue if the price were close, so to get seats on the Jetblue flight for 44% of what American is charging is unbelievable!!!

Just figured anyone looking at flights on Jetblue (particularly from Bos) may be interested...

It used to be that you had to book really early to get good prices but now with fewer and fewer seats available to begin with the airlines are trying to hold out longer on price cuts to see if they can fill seats. We are going to SJU in March from EWR. CO used to run 3-5 flights a day. Now they have 1 during the week and 2 on the weekend. When we first started looking the fare was $578 pp/RT. We finally booked it at $398 and then it dropped to $348 two weeks later. CO surprised me when I called to ask and refunded the difference on all 4 tickets. Anyway you cut it, it is a crap shoot anymore

Archived