Priceline Deals for New Orleans

llist

Has anybody had a winning bid on Priceline lately for New Orleans hotels? What did you get and what criteria did you use? Also, what did you get it for if you don't mind me asking? I've been trying for a few days with no luck trying to get one for 3/18/11. I know some sort of food festival is going on there the next weekend and Mardi Gras would be over by then I think. Just wondering if New Orleans is just not a city where there are a bunch of offers.

i started with 4* at 125 in the french quarter area... then went to 3.5* and 3*... all were rejected. But.. last night I did get the Intercontinental for that date on Hotwire for 89... still need to find a deal for the french quarter for 3/24 but I'm doubtful I'll find one because there's an annual food festival happening that weekend...

i just went to lastminutetravel and got a 4 1/2 star (hilton riverside) for 58 plus tax!!!! thought that was a pretty amazing deal. it was for the end of this month.

I used them to get intercontinental a couple of months ago for Miami. Great deals.

i started with 4* at 125 in the french quarter area... then went to 3.5* and 3*... all were rejected. But.. last night I did get the Intercontinental for that date on Hotwire for 89... still need to find a deal for the french quarter for 3/24 but I'm doubtful I'll find one because there's an annual food festival happening that weekend...

Intercontinental is a nice hotel and is on a streetcar route. Not sure what food festival you refer to. The French Quarter Festival is April 8-10th and Jazzfest even later. There are some NCAA Basketball regionals in New Orleans March 24-26.

i just went to lastminutetravel and got a 4 1/2 star (hilton riverside) for 58 plus tax!!!! thought that was a pretty amazing deal. it was for the end of this month.

You can sometimes get similar rates on the hotel website, but it is a great price. Be sure to try some charbroiled oysters at Drago's! ;)

Intercontinental is a nice hotel and is on a streetcar route. Not sure what food festival you refer to. The French Quarter Festival is April 8-10th and Jazzfest even later. There are some NCAA Basketball regionals in New Orleans March 24-26.

its the road food fest http://neworleansonline.com/neworleans/festivals/culinaryfestivals/roadfoodfest.html

ok, i have heard of, even thought of attending the past two years but didn't. not sure how many hotel rooms they actually tie up. i think the basketball games might tie up more, but between the two there could be a bunch. now if there is a large convention also in town....

by way of example, French Quarter Festival, 2010 had something over 500,000 in attendance (but most are not from out of state).

http://www.fqfi.org/news/?cat=9

I will be in NO on the 22nd of Jan and got the lastminute travel mystery hotel which ended up being the Riverside Hilton. It was advertised as 57 dollars but with tax it is a total of 68. I do not think there were any other booking fees. It was the 4.5 star hotel in the warehouse district. We will not park there but will leave the car at the Fulton garage.

I am not sure of their rates in March but was happy with what we got. Good luck!

We scored the Intercontinental from Bookit.com for our trip that is less than 2 weeks out. It was their mystery hotel for $80/night. I would definitely try that or hotwire or any of the other sites people have mentioned. I also have seen ads on tv that Expedia is doing hotel deals that are similar to Hotwire.

We scored the Intercontinental from Bookit.com for our trip that is less than 2 weeks out. It was their mystery hotel for $80/night. I would definitely try that or hotwire or any of the other sites people have mentioned. I also have seen ads on tv that Expedia is doing hotel deals that are similar to Hotwire.

Iv checked expedia and their so called deals mysteriously exactly match deals on other sites .. not so special that I could tell.

• 2 weeks later...

I like that lastminutetravel site - was able to tell exactly what hotel I was getting by comparing hotel descriptions with expedia (whose price was $211) - I got our room for end of March for $85! pretty happy about that - especially since it will give us several nice hours wandering around before getting on the ship!

thanks guys,

Teresa

So how does a person go about using priceline when you need to book a room with a hotel that will do a cruise and park package? We are booked with the Drury Inn right now, which seems like a great hotel but WOW...250 with the cruise package. I really want to leave my vehicle at the hotel vs Fulton. It would probably not make sense to mess with my current hotel since we are going to be there during the busy french quarter fesitval...?

• 1 month later...
So how does a person go about using priceline when you need to book a room with a hotel that will do a cruise and park package? We are booked with the Drury Inn right now, which seems like a great hotel but WOW...250 with the cruise package. I really want to leave my vehicle at the hotel vs Fulton. It would probably not make sense to mess with my current hotel since we are going to be there during the busy french quarter fesitval...?

I dont think you do, you pick either a hotel and pay for the cruise package or you go for a cheap hotel rate, but take a chance on paying for parking at the port.

If you get a priceline room for $45 and pay port price to park is still cheaper that the $250 for the Drury Inn cruise pacakage. I like the conveince of the port parking - pull up in garage, drop off luggage, park and take elevator to check in.

Happy Cruising

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived