Would You Trade Johnny Rockets For...

roe2ship

If you love coffee you wouldn't go to Dunkin Donuts!!!! But I would love to see a Starbucks on the Ship

I would. Starbucks coffee is that good columbian coffee with a high acid content that rips my stomach a new one. I prefer the milder, low acid coffee's that are actually considered inferior by many.

I would. Starbucks coffee is that good columbian coffee with a high acid content that rips my stomach a new one. I prefer the milder, low acid coffee's that are actually considered inferior by many.

Ditto. I can only drink SB's if it is mixed with something else.:) Like the white chocolate mocha...or whatever it is...

I would like to see the JRs on the Voyager class ships replaced with the Seaview Cafes on the Radiance class ships. No fee, decent food (and better variety), casual "diner/cafe" environment. You can still get a good milkshake (a necessary treat food for my DH on vacation since he rarely has them any other time). I'd take that any day.

Don't care for mass-produced donut shops and am used to strong coffee.

abridalmaven: I agree that transfats are the worst offenders, but don't agree that 100 burgers would be better than a donut or two. Both scenarios are bad for us. I do know you have had tremendous success with low-carb (and good for you), but that's not the diet for everyone. It's about choices, IMO. I think there is already plenty of sugar onboard for those who want it. I'd rather have more and better choices of "real" food--like Seaview. There seafood salad was excellent. I'd like to see more stuff like that.

beachchick

I'm with you, beachchick. They have Johnny Rockets at the mall not so far from here, there is ALWAYS a line and I just don't get it. They're good but not great.

Are there places on Navigator where you can eat in the open air, besides JR?

I think they should replace Johnny Rockets with my bowling center's snack bar!

We have the best burgers ANYWHERE!!!!

And while they are at it, I think they should install a 4 lane bowling center in each ship so my wife and I could manage the center for them and cruise all the time!!! LOL

Tim

It's amazing how cruising has changed. A couple of years ago we would have been debating the gourmet like qualities of the food in the dining room. Now we are trying to figure out what junk food establishments we would like to have on board. How about this as a solution, turn the Royal Promenade in to a big food court. We could have all the favorites, McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, Dunkin Donuts, Krispy Creme, Baskin Robbins, etc. I think this would really make the ship seem like a home away from home.:D

I don't care for any of the junk food nor do I care for the donuts themselves. I simply wish I can drink much better coffee that is offered on cruise ships. I would rather pay a fee for coffee than for burgers at Johnny Rockets. Even though, no fees should be charged for either establishment, imo. It really can't be that hard for them.

I would certainly trade JR's for, how can I put this....?

A true Southern Tradition, serving great food, 24 HOURS A DAY,

expansive menu, with that truely friendly service.

WAFFLE HOUSE! :D

Stretch

OH MY GOD! How could I have forgotten about Waffle House. I take back my suggestion of Carl's Jr., and vote for Waffle house instead!!

Mike

OH MY GOD! How could I have forgotten about Waffle House. I take back my suggestion of Carl's Jr., and vote for Waffle house instead!!

Mike

Just think, Real steak & eggs, 24 hours/day, scattered-smothered-covered-diced & chunked 'taters, burgers, patty melts, salads, GOOD coffee (ought to have Tim Horton's though),

The place would be packed! Now that is what they need on the new Freedom OTS. Who needs a JR's anyway???

Stretch

wfmenu.jpg.939d4df4d3eab24ae71fc30d78d77a0c.jpg

Just think, Real steak & eggs, 24 hours/day, scattered-smothered-covered-diced & chunked 'taters, burgers, patty melts, salads, GOOD coffee (ought to have Tim Horton's though),

The place would be packed! Now that is what they need on the new Freedom OTS. Who needs a JR's anyway???

Stretch

Stretch, what are you doing to me? Now I'll be thinking about the steak and eggs, and the scattered / diced 'taters the rest of today. I took my wife to her first Waffle House (somewhere off of I-95 in S.C.) about 4 weeks ago, and she's hooked as well. We would GLADLY pay the surcharge for Waffle House on board our ship.

Maybe I could open up a franchise up here in NJ parts...can you imagine the business? And "cash only" as well...I'm salivating just thinking about this.

Mike

Stretch, what are you doing to me? Now I'll be thinking about the steak and eggs, and the scattered / diced 'taters the rest of today. I took my wife to her first Waffle House (somewhere off of I-95 in S.C.) about 4 weeks ago, and she's hooked as well. We would GLADLY pay the surcharge for Waffle House on board our ship.

Maybe I could open up a franchise up here in NJ parts...can you imagine the business? And "cash only" as well...I'm salivating just thinking about this.

Mike

Mike, a Waffle House and a Krispy Kreme Donut Shop anywhere up "nawth" would be a gold mine. Gotta love those cash businesses, but for alternative dining on a cruise ship, I can't think of anything any better.

Stretch

kkcard.jpg.0c674d572ff0dd6018a1f2b8d58afe90.jpg

i will be the first to endorse replacing any burger joint with a DD. cant start my day without it at home and i make it a point to eat NO junk food while on vacation. i use it as a time to experiment and stray off the beaten path, but now were talkin COFFEE!! ;)

Mike, a Waffle House and a Krispy Kreme Donut Shop anywhere up "nawth" would be a gold mine. Gotta love those cash businesses, but for alternative dining on a cruise ship, I can't think of anything any better.

Stretch

With Krispy Kreme's current accounting "problems", and their stock dropping fast, I wouldn't bet the ranch on them. But I agree that a Waffle House up in my neck of the woods would clean up. Have you ever been to a real New Jersey all-night diner? We'd steal their core business...the college crowds and the overnight shift...I can see franchises in Princeton, New Brunswick, Hoboken, down at the shore...$$ signs are ringing in my head. Thanks Stretch, now I'm hooked.

Archived