Would You Trade Johnny Rockets For...

roe2ship

My vote is to remove all the chains and improve the dining room food. I think it is sad that they let the "free food" decline and keep adding more extras to be paid additionaly for.

On a side note...Dunkin Donughts coffee was voted a higher rating in Consumer Reports over Starbucks. Personally I love Dunkin Doughnuts coffee and buy it by the pound to brew at home.

Am I the only one in the world that simply HATES donuts-they are just gross and nasty!! The only decent donuts are the little chocolate hostess ones that come in a six-pack at the 7-11-

donut gems I think they are called-the bite-sized ones. They are goodwith a cold glass of milk.

Krispy Kreme is the worst-I tried one once at a staff meeting and could not eat it!! It was still warm-ick!!!

Now a nice, greasy JR burger and fries, with the shake, that's heaven!!

Donuts can't compete with mystard, katsup and grease!!:eek:

so Johnny Rockets is much more value when you eat in than when you take out...

But why take out? You're still going to be eating on the ship :P

I can think of a couple of reasons:

-you want to stay by the pool but you want something to eat

-you want JR's and there's a line but you don't want to wait.

That said, I doubt I would get take out at JR's on a ship or anywhere. Fried food, when you eat it, needs to be eaten hot and crispy. Take-away bags do no favours to fast food, in my opinion. I don't love JR's the way some here do but I think their very best thing is the onion rings and the thought of them getting sweaty and soft is a disappointment.

I'm glad that some like JR's and that RCCL hasn't given over "too" much space but I doubt I'll be paying for food you can get in many American malls.

ABSOLUTELY!!! I can smell the coffee now! ; )

Before we went on Princess, we had heard how horrible the coffee was so we purchased a 2-cup on the go brewer to take with us and took our Dunkin Donuts coffee. We were really glad we did because the coffee at the buffet was undrinkable. When we ran out of our pound of coffee, we ordered room service, which wasn't terribly bad, but still not dunkin donuts! lol

Fitz,

We had In n' Out while in Vegas and we loved them. Wish we had them here. On the other hand, we do ocassionally visit JR in the mall in Syracuse and we don't hate it, we just don't think it's "special."

I think I will go get one for dinner. Since there is one about 4 minutes from my house. lol. (sorry, am I mean?)

Cruel is what you are!

Hey, I just realised by reading one of your other posts that my partner and I are on Freedom the week before you. We're in the corner aft on 7 but not the same one as you. How odd would that have been? We could have left you our JR coupons in the safe (or maybe the burgers themselves...).

Cruel is what you are!

Hey, I just realised by reading one of your other posts that my partner and I are on Freedom the week before you. We're in the corner aft on 7 but not the same one as you. How odd would that have been? We could have left you our JR coupons in the safe (or maybe the burgers themselves...).

That would have been odd. I think I would have left the JR coupons for the next group. If everyone did that, they could add up very quickly. How excited are you guys? My partner is less excited than me. He drives me crazy. Only gets excited right before the trip, so I am left alone. So I just come here and meet other people who are as excited as I am about something still 7 months away. We booked back in July, so I am going crazy!!!

Oh...you guys look so right!!!!

I'll take a double-double. And those fries look soooo much better than those dinky old JR fries.

Now if they only had good coffee...:rolleyes:

But, you HAVE to eat the fries while still hot. Otherwise they are not as good. It is nice to see a place that still actually cuts up the potato for the fries right there on the spot. No frozen fries for me.

Tried JR's 2 weeks ago. Not sure what all the fess is about. Thought they were pretty bad. Way too greasy, no flavor except for the fixins. The shakes were ok, fries were average etc. DH is much happier with his angus burger at BK's.

I wouldn't want to give up JR's because it's the only place I can get a real tasty Grilled Cheese. I can't live without one good grilled cheese a week. The fries and onion rings are bad with. I like the nice touch of putting them on the table when you sit down.

Well one year later, and no Dunkin Donuts on board! Darn it!! Looks like I will be bringing my own coffeemaker.

Have re-read some of the posts from last year and wanted to mention that the "Krispy Kreme" in my area has closed down. Only opened a little over a year. As someone else posted, I have about 5 Dunkin Donuts within a mile of my house.

So what is the Lattitudes on Radiance class, fee??? Any good??

Dunkin Donuts does have good coffee, but that's not enough reason (IMO) to have one onboard. How about they just start serving good coffee anyway? I don't know what they do to it--properly roasted and brewed Seattle's Best beans make very good coffee. Sigh. How about Peet's Coffee? I could go for that--if it was included, not extra.

(I'm also one who thinks Krispy Kreme is highly, highly overrated. Granted, I'm very picky about my donuts and only like one kind...but I'd rather have no donut than a Krispy Kreme or a Dunkin Donut.)

beachchick

You know what? I am pretty sure that cruise ships take some oath, or there is something in the champagne when they are christened that prevents them from serving good coffee. I have never had good coffee on a cruise ship, ever.

You know what? I am pretty sure that cruise ships take some oath, or there is something in the champagne when they are christened that prevents them from serving good coffee. I have never had good coffee on a cruise ship, ever.

Ah, ha! I knew there was a reason for the lousy coffee. LOL.

beachchick

Archived