One More Time

sailwi

Going on Mediterranea 3/20 WC. I have read many of the posts on this board and found them to be very helpful. Forgive the reduncy of my questions but there were some conflicting answers to these questions prviously.

Assume 2 formal nights, the other nights are there any semi-formal (jacket) evenings or are the rest casual?

Appears you can carry on soda, water, wine or beer but not liquor, true?

Any tricks or advice for avoiding the chaos at the Ft. Lauderdale airport after return. Just flew out of there last Sunday after a long weekend in Miami and the lines at many of the airlines were unbelievabley long. Fortunately we were on an airline with only 2 flights that morning so our wait was minimal.

Thanks in advance.

Normally on a 7 day cruise there are 2 formal, 2 semi-formal and 3 informal. Usually the first and last nights are informal. On Costa the last night is usually Toga night which is a very informal night.

We have never had a problem bringing on wine, soda, beer or water. We have done so openly. I know people who have snuck hard liquor on but cruise lines will usually not let you bring it back on the ship to drink in your room.

As far as tricks for avoiding lines at the airport I will be interested in seeing if anyone has any good suggestions.

Enjoy your next cruise.

1)We were on the Atlantica 2/13-2/20(Western). There were the 2 formal nights and the last night was toga night. All the other nights were Casual.(as per the daily newspaper "Today") There were very few men in jackets. But most were in smart casual.

2)The wine or water in the wine package is yours and can be brought to your room and consumed as you wish.

3)Ft. Lauderdale airport advise--just don't make your flight time early--it takes a long time to get through to the gate and you don't want to miss your flight.( ending your wonderful vacation on a huge bummer)

Sailwi:

Here's a little hint for your disembarkation procedure:

Once you're off the ship you will have to pick-up your luggage in the terminal, prior to customs. All the luggage is sorted by colors, so look for the area which has the color of your luggage tags.

If you want to be out of the terminal fast, hire a porter! It's well worth the tip money! You will find a huge crowd going through customs, which will be the lanes towards your right. The left lane is reserved for porters only, and very few (if any) people will be checked. Usually extremely fast and efficient. We were out of the terminal in less than 2 minutes after picking up our belongings...

Hope that helps...

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Andy is right --- get a porter --- we were out of there in no time --- zipped right past long lines of folks. In general I think Costa did a great job with embarkation and disembarkation. But there will always be a hitch or two. We all try to scrimp on money here and there, but I can truly tell you having a porter in these situations is worth a few bucks!

Fedora:D

Sailwi:

If you want to be out of the terminal fast, hire a porter! It's well worth the tip money! You will find a huge crowd going through customs, which will be the lanes towards your right. The left lane is reserved for porters only, and very few (if any) people will be checked. Usually extremely fast and efficient. We were out of the terminal in less than 2 minutes after picking up our belongings...

Archived