Balcony cabins on Sun, decks 9/10, questions...

cacj

Some of the balcony cabins on the Sun sleep 4 and some sleeps 3 .. can anyone explain the configurations. What are the typical sleeping arrangements then?

Is it a twin that converts to a queen size bed and a single sleeper sofa for the 3d person?

And then is it a double sleeper sofa for the sleeps 4?

Do the cabins vary in size or just the sleeping arrangements?

I am assuming none of the balcony cabins have trundle (is that the correct term for the beds hanging on the wall?) beds.

Thanks for your help.

In a 3 person cabin one sleeps on the sofa that converts to a bed. In a 4 person it is as for a 3 plus a bed that comes down from the ceiling above the sofa bed. Plus queen in both cases.

none of the cabins vary in size to accomodate this, same size for 2 as for 3 as for 4 persons. Cabin works great for 2 people but would have considerably less space for 4 unless they are kids.

mypleasure, thanks for the response.

What you described sounded like an inside cabin we had once. So it is the same in a balcony cabin?

We had a balcony once, on POA, and the sofabed was near the door to the balcony....so I am having trouble picturing the bed above the sofa. I was wondering if the sofabed size is how they account for the 3 vs 4 person accommodation.

With all that is cramped into the cabin, and having the door out to the balcony, I wondered how the differences in number were accommodated.

I am having trouble seeing how they can have a bed above the sofa...I lack the imagination, I guess. Thanks for your reply.

I am having trouble seeing how they can have a bed above the sofa...I lack the imagination, I guess. Thanks for your reply.

Picture the sofa as the bottom bunk and the bed above as the top bunk. They will put the top one up during the day and just pull it into place at night when they make up the room.

I agree 4 adults would be very cozy as the rooms are not that big. We are doing 3 on an upcoming cruise, but it is my mom, sister, and I so sharing a small space is not a big deal to us.

What you described sounded like an inside cabin we had once. So it is the same in a balcony cabin?

We had a balcony once, on POA, and the sofabed was near the door to the balcony....so I am having trouble picturing the bed above the sofa. I was wondering if the sofabed size is how they account for the 3 vs 4 person accommodation.

With all that is cramped into the cabin, and having the door out to the balcony, I wondered how the differences in number were accommodated.

I haven't ever had an inside myself I think they are similar but with a wall rather than a set of glass window and door. In all the balcony cabins I have had the sofa is always the same size so no 3 person or 4 person by using a different sofa. I think the sofa would accomodate 2 young children but no way 2 adults comfortably.

The 4th bed lives in the ceiling. The steward will drop it each evening and raise it again each morning as well as putting the sofa away. The 4th is like a bunk above the sofa bed and is accessed by a ladder. It would be nigh impossible to access the balcony with those two beds out not folded away.

I haven't ever had an inside myself I think they are similar but with a wall rather than a set of glass window and door. In all the balcony cabins I have had the sofa is always the same size so no 3 person or 4 person by using a different sofa. I think the sofa would accomodate 2 young children but no way 2 adults comfortably.

The 4th bed lives in the ceiling. The steward will drop it each evening and raise it again each morning as well as putting the sofa away. The 4th is like a bunk above the sofa bed and is accessed by a ladder. It would be nigh impossible to access the balcony with those two beds out not folded away.

Thanks again, now I understand. So all the balconies have a sofa, and some have a "hideabed" in the ceiling if it sleeps 4. Okay. Got it! :)

Archived