Question about price drops after final payment

CaribbeanAmphibian

I have already paid for my cruise in full, did that a while ago just because I was able to. I'm happy witht he rate we have but I just noticed that on Celebrity's website if I look for the same cruise and I put my state in the category that I have is almost $120 cheaper. I booked through a TA should I call them to see if I can get that rate or some kind of OBC or shoudl I call Celebrity or shoud I just say forget about it go enjoy your cruise in 2 weeks?

Thanks for and advice.

I would call, but I was recently told the cruise lines are no longer giving the difference as a Ship Board Credit (SBC) or an upgrade if the rate for your specific category goes down after you make your final payment. They will probably tell you the new lower rates are to draw in new customers and that you were lucky to book early and probably got a good cabin location. I don't like the new policy since I think they should meet the lower rate to take care of their loyal customers. Good luck!

From Royal Caribbean web site

What is the Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee Program? -

Royal Caribbean International A: When you reserve with Royal Caribbean and subsequently find a lower rate advertised by Royal Caribbean within 48 hours from the time the reservation is made, we will honor that lower eligible rate by applying an onboard credit to the reservation equal to 110% of the price difference. For reservations outside of final payment period, the onboard credit may be replaced, upon request, with a reduction to the outstanding balance or a refund. An eligible, fare must be: a) available for the same ship, sailing, category and number of guests as the current reservation;

I have written earlier in the week, and got great advice about going after a better cabin if the prices fall. (Which I have managed)

But, having gone through this, -my inclination is to buy the cheapest cabin on the ship, directly from the cruise ship line, and then watch the prices, especially just before sailing.

In that way, I can still book flights ahead of time. I know the destination. I have a perfectly adequate cabin guaranteed, -and I can upgrade at any time. We all know that there is nothing wrong with any cabin on any Celebrity Cruise. So sometimes I will be in a Suite, sometimes I may be interior. I still know I will have a great holiday.

I have written earlier in the week, and got great advice about going after a better cabin if the prices fall. (Which I have managed)

But, having gone through this, -my inclination is to buy the cheapest cabin on the ship, directly from the cruise ship line, and then watch the prices, especially just before sailing.

In that way, I can still book flights ahead of time. I know the destination. I have a perfectly adequate cabin guaranteed, -and I can upgrade at any time. We all know that there is nothing wrong with any cabin on any Celebrity Cruise. So sometimes I will be in a Suite, sometimes I may be interior. I still know I will have a great holiday.

We've done that. We book a low level oceanview through the website, and when the prices drop we call and move to a better room. The cals are super quick and no hassle. On our Solstice cruise coming up, we started at the bottom OV, and now have a CC Aft.

Archived