Favorite excursions in St Kitts and St Lucia please

kyrisong1

My fellow CC'ers, thank you soooooo much for the info and pics, beautiful.

I am very excited to see these islands. On the Cosol tour do you get to tour the volcano?

Grits I have had Grayson on my list of tours to check out, thanks for solidifying it for me!!! Cosol sounds perfect although I plan on checking out Spencer Ambrose.

Ok one more question, what is not to miss on St Martin? I've been there before and did the horseback ride which I was disappointed, I'm a heartland girl and horseback riding to me is in trees and trails, this was a scary trip up rocky areas, we had to ride through some kind of oil refinary area <phew, smelly> and it just wasn't my thing, my husband did the Americas cup race and loved it, but again not my thing.

What is your just can't miss thing for St Martin? Besides the shopping !!!

Cheers and again thanks. This is my weekend to work 12 hour nights ugh so I'm not quick to answer but believe me I'm drinking in every word.

Thanks my friends!!!

Carole

Oh, I know an awesome tour operator in St. Maarten, too! Google Joyce Prince Tours. She is a wonderful lady and will take good care of you. If you go with her, tell her the chicken farmers from Louisiana sent you! LOL! We have actually kept in touch since we were there 2 years ago. She will custom taylor your day for you or offer a pre-planned tour. We had our adult DD & DSIL with us, and the 4 of us booked her for ourselves for the whole day. I highly recommend Joyce! :)

Edited to add that yes, you will see the volcano on Cosol's tour. However, there's not much to it. To me, that was the least impressive part of the tour.

Thenford Grey is THE man on St. Kitts. On St. Lucia we have done the Land & Sea tour with Herod twice...and it has been fantastic both times. Various foods along the way, lunch at his Moma's house, a couple of hours at Jalouise Beach between the Pitons and then a boat ride back to the pier. The roads are curvy on St Lucia so the boat ride back eliminates having to backtrack over the curvy roads. Bus and boat were both first class.

Oh, I know an awesome tour operator in St. Maarten, too! Google Joyce Prince Tours. She is a wonderful lady and will take good care of you. If you go with her, tell her the chicken farmers from Louisiana sent you! LOL! We have actually kept in touch since we were there 2 years ago. She will custom taylor your day for you or offer a pre-planned tour. We had our adult DD & DSIL with us, and the 4 of us booked her for ourselves for the whole day. I highly recommend Joyce! :)

Edited to add that yes, you will see the volcano on Cosol's tour. However, there's not much to it. To me, that was the least impressive part of the tour.

Jan, thank you so much I will definitely check out Joyce Prince. I totally appreciate your input.

Thanks, Carole

You will not be disappointed if you go with Cosol! His tour company was completely fantastic-best tour EVER!! He is the nicest guy too, if you e-mail him, he gets right back to you. They meet you right at the pier and off you go for the whole day! There were 25 of us so they sent 3 buses just for us! This was 2 years ago and people still talk about how much fun we had!

• 2 weeks later...

We toured St. Lucia with Spencer Ambrose in December and loved him! Such a nice guy, and so, so much knowledge of his country. We ran into the Cosol folks at a couple of our stops -- too many people and too much emphasis on drinking (I actually heard one of the drivers joke that whoever wasn't drunk at the end of the tour owed him $20). Some people love them; different strokes for different folks, I guess.

We rented a car on St. Kitts and had a fantastic day. Very drivable island and we had plenty of time to see everything we wanted to see.

As far as St. Maarten, I'd say go out to Maho Beach to watch the planes come in. What a kick in the pants that is to have a jumbo jet come in so close to the beach that you feel like you could reach up and touch it!

We went with Spencer Ambrose on St Lucia, wonderful tour, wonderful man! He also feeds you constantly. Highly recommend him, and his rum punch was about the best we've ever had :D If you go with him on the Island Tour, opt for the boat ride back from the Pitons. Well worth the extra money and quicker than driving.

St.Kitts we booked the Scenic Railway and were disappointed, the train was neat, entertainment was good, but all in all, after the first 30 minutes, actually make that 15, we were bored. Both agreed it was a waste of time & money. When we got back to the port area, we hired a taxi to take us to Brimstone Fortress, which we loved. Our driver waited while we toured, provided commentary along the way and was excellent. The prices for cabs are listed in the taxi area, but we still negotiated it down a bit, then tipped him the difference at the end.

If you go that route, may I offer a bit of advice? The drivers do not pay to enter the fortress, so they sit in the parking lot in their cars and it gets HOT! There is a little snack bar where you park, offer to get the driver something cold to drink before and after touring the fort, ours really appreciated it!

We did Bernard's Tour on St Martin, and it was one of my favorites - along with Spencer Ambrose on St Lucia. Bernard's tour was almost all day and was only $35. There are many threads on Bernard's tours here on CC! We stopped at Maho Beach/Sunset Bar to see the planes come in, spent time on the French side of the island for shopping, eating, rum tasting, stopped at Rima's for great souvenirs, and spent time at Orient Beach. At the end of the tour, we could be dropped off in Phillipsburg for more shopping or return to the port. There was commentary and great island information provided the entire way, This was one of the best tours we booked - so much so, that we plan to do it again next summer.

Have a great cruise!

You will not be disappointed if you go with Cosol! His tour company was completely fantastic-best tour EVER!! He is the nicest guy too, if you e-mail him, he gets right back to you. They meet you right at the pier and off you go for the whole day! There were 25 of us so they sent 3 buses just for us! This was 2 years ago and people still talk about how much fun we had!
Simply the best!:D Go J-E-T-S;)

Archived