Favorite excursions in St Kitts and St Lucia please

kyrisong1

On St Lucia we had a great time with Spencer Ambrose. His 6 hour island tour was awesome and gets you to alot of the Island including the Pitons, with refreshments and snacks as well as lunch at Jalousy beach in between the Pitons.... great excursion (I think $65 per person)

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

Then on St Kitts, both times we have been there we did a little shopping in the shops right at the dock and then went to a quiet quaint little beach with a cool bar/grill called shipwreck beach. It has some decent snorkeling and shells along with monkeys and a couple of Mongeese that chase each other around.

This is the view from the out look the beach is on the right (carribean side) just before the hill in the distance.

100_5428.jpg

DSCF7228.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

Enjoy your time there they are both great Islands.

It's been a few years but one time we were in St Lucia we did a tour that was a ride on the ship they used to film the Pirates of Carribean, it was cool, they did a pirate fight with a small island and then we stopped and has a treasure hunt and of course there were the rum punches.

In St. Lucia we did the Pirates of the Caribbean tour too, and it was fun. Rum punch and drinking songs - Yo ho ho & a bottle of rum. It took us to a beach at a national park where there is an old fort at the top of a hill, but DD & I chose to stay on the beach & swim. On St. Kitts we did the train and enjoyed it too. Both islands are beautiful and the people were so friendly. I'm sure you will enjoy whatever you do there.

We leave SUNDAY!!! And for St Kitts we have booked the train excursion and in St Lucia I booked a day pass at a resort based on a fellow cc board member's recommendation. I can give you her link and more info if you are interested.

I totally agree with dirkgun - who mentioned the Shipwreck bar and grill - absolutely freat area! We were there in Feb 2010 (and going again in March 2011). Great beach, quiet, good food, cold drinks...nothing better for a day on the beach. We have pictures that are very similar!

In St. Lucia we did the mineral bath/souffiere tour bought through the ship.l I twas really nice to see the sights, wtc, but St. Lucia is VERY hilly and VERY windy roads...that part was not fun.

In St. Kitts did the catamarran Fan-Ta-Sea with Carnival. Had a great time. Great snorkling, and visited Cockleshell Beach. (which I wasn't too thrilled with)

We are thinking of doing the Fan-Ta-Sea, could you tell me about the catamarran?? I'm 57 and overweight, would I be comfotable?? We have a boat so I am use to all that, just wondering how big it is and is it easy access on and off?? Sounds like a great excution. Thanks!!!

We are thinking of doing the Fan-Ta-Sea, could you tell me about the catamarran?? I'm 57 and overweight, would I be comfotable?? We have a boat so I am use to all that, just wondering how big it is and is it easy access on and off?? Sounds like a great excution. Thanks!!!

I don't think you will have any problems, as long as you can climb stairs. The ladder to the ship was not a "hanging off the side" ladder - it was about 10 steps going diagonally from the water to the ship. The hardest part was the first step, as when we were anchored for the snorkeling (which was fantastic- and I don't like snorkeling too much) the ship "swayed" a bit - but there is plenty of help if needed getting up. After snorkeling we sailed to, and then docked right on Cockleshell beach - literally stepped off into knee high water, so no problem there. The crew on the cat was beyond great - they had great drinks (served after snorkeling, of course. They played music, and had everyone up and dancing. I would definitely do that excursion again. It was a nice couple of hours.

I think anyone who goes to St. Lucia and does NOT go on a tour with Cosol has missed the best that island has to offer. Our tour with Cosol was one of our very favorite excursions of all in 13 cruises....if not THE favorite. He has a unique approach to providing his guests with food. He stops at various places, where you are treated to genuine home cooked island food from the people who live there. The last stop was where we were given a small loaf of home made bread, fresh from the oven, with a slice of goat cheese. It was awesome!! But the things we saw and places we stopped on his tour were also awesome. St. Lucia is a beautiful island and offers many beautiful photo ops.

St. Kitts is just as beautiful, though. We toured with Thenford Grey at St. Kitts. Thenford is also a very professional tour operator who took good care of us. I would not hesitate to recommend his tours. The only thing we didn't care for was the stop at the famous Raggae Bar & Grill..where Wilbur the pig lives. We were not impressed with that part at all. But other than that, we loved it, especially the visit to the fort, the wild green monkeys, and the batik factory. You will not go wrong if you book your tours with these two professional tour operators. Both of them know all about Cruise Critic and have said that they will do everything they can to insure that you have a good time on their island!

Hi everyone, we are trying some new islands and am very interested in knowing what you thought were the can't miss or you'll be sorry things you did on these islands.

Thanks and Happy Sails!!!

Carole

We absolutely LOVED Cockleshell Beach on St. Kitts. I would highly recommend it. Here is a pic of Wilbur, a local celebrity.

Wilbert.jpg

My fellow CC'ers, thank you soooooo much for the info and pics, beautiful.

I am very excited to see these islands. On the Cosol tour do you get to tour the volcano?

Grits I have had Grayson on my list of tours to check out, thanks for solidifying it for me!!! Cosol sounds perfect although I plan on checking out Spencer Ambrose.

Ok one more question, what is not to miss on St Martin? I've been there before and did the horseback ride which I was disappointed, I'm a heartland girl and horseback riding to me is in trees and trails, this was a scary trip up rocky areas, we had to ride through some kind of oil refinary area <phew, smelly> and it just wasn't my thing, my husband did the Americas cup race and loved it, but again not my thing.

What is your just can't miss thing for St Martin? Besides the shopping !!!

Cheers and again thanks. This is my weekend to work 12 hour nights ugh so I'm not quick to answer but believe me I'm drinking in every word.

Thanks my friends!!!

Carole

Loved the pirate ship in St. Lucia and we did Cockleshell Beach in St. Kitts. Gorgeous island, but a scary ride over to the beach! I thought Cockleshell was a little pricey....

I think I read on the ports of call threads that there has been some kind of damage on Cockleshell beach, although maybe I dreamed that up lol, when I work the 12 hour shifts I get a little goofy.

Thanks for your input.

Carole

Archived